2020 Portuguese GP

(14-10-2020, 09:52 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Happy birthday to everyone (I am bad at those things).

On the racing weekend, I might not know this Portugal track. Is it any good?

For WSB and now the Moto gp bikes its one of the best tracks to ride.....Neil Hodgson says it is the one he would hed to for a track day 10 outa 10 times....Its best described as a moto cross dirt track that has been asphalted .....loads of undulation and camber changes......it has just been resurfaced so it will have loads of grip and chew the tyres of an F1 car.....

Will it have loads of overtaking....don't really know but because of the lack of track time it will be a leveler for all the teams

Looking forward to it though as it is one of the WSB races I dont miss due to the trck itself.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

New track for me, was really paying serious attention to MotoGP when they were last there, though might recall it when I see F1 there. So really looking forward to it.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY0lHitdPss

PETRONAS F1 Track Guide: Portimão

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Portimao has been forced to reduce the number of fans who can attend this weekend's Formula 1 Portuguese Grand Prix due to fresh COVID-19 restrictions. Originally 50,000 spectators had been expected to attend each day, however following a raft of new covid restrictions introduced in Portugal the circuit has now capped the number to 27,500 per day.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(20-10-2020, 06:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Portimao has been forced to reduce the number of fans who can attend this weekend's Formula 1 Portuguese Grand Prix due to fresh COVID-19 restrictions. Originally 50,000 spectators had been expected to attend each day, however following a raft of new covid restrictions introduced in Portugal the circuit has now capped the number to 27,500 per day.

That is still a LOT of people all things considered isn’t it? You could argue life goes on but doesn’t seem like that’s the case here in the UK
[+] 2 users Like Beano's post

I’m guessing the media asked the questions on drivers  conference

https://www.skysports.com/share/12111538

(23-10-2020, 06:40 AM)Beano Wrote:  I’m guessing the media asked the questions on drivers  conference

The Petrov article was all over the F1 sites yesterday do not sure if it originated in drivers conference or before.

Regardless on people's opinions on the words in that sky article, I think Petrov is a very poor choice for a steward. No idea what the FIA are thinking there.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post

(23-10-2020, 09:52 AM)The Professor Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 06:40 AM)Beano Wrote:  I’m guessing the media asked the questions on drivers  conference

The Petrov article was all over the F1 sites yesterday do not sure if it originated in drivers conference or before.

Regardless on people's opinions on the words in that sky article, I think Petrov is a very poor choice for a steward. No idea what the FIA are thinking there.

Not qualified to make an opinion of his stewarding? Does he have previous then?

(23-10-2020, 10:02 AM)Beano Wrote:  Does he have previous then?

I would flip your question around and ask "What qualifies him to be considered as a steward?"

Three years at the back in F1? There are far better and less controversial options out there.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post

(23-10-2020, 10:13 AM)The Professor Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 10:02 AM)Beano Wrote:  Does he have previous then?

I would flip your question around and ask "What qualifies him to be considered as a steward?"

Three years at the back in F1? There are far better and less controversial options out there.

Well I can only imagine 3yrs in F1 is his qualification. I’m not sure where he was on the grid constitutes anything really? The FIA feel he is suitable and they hire stewards I imagine? Has he stewarded before? This is apparently aimed at his personal views in the interview not his stewarding credentials. Stewards also run on a rota basis I think.