2020 German GP

(30-09-2020, 08:40 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yup, thats the one.

Ah, right. He'll be in a car with better grip in his P1 session then. But with a fiat 500 engine in the back rather than a rocket engine Laughing
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Don't forget to pack your thermal undercrackers lads!

So expect plenty of crying about not being able to get the rubber up to temp & into the window then.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ah, looking good. I bet those 50% change of rain on Sunday will go up.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

* Remember guys this weeks race starts 1 hour earlier than its usual slot, so 1:10pm UK time*

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(07-10-2020, 05:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  * Remember guys this weeks race starts 1 hour earlier than its usual slot, so 1:10pm UK time*

Thanks! I did not know that and otherwise, finding out I joined in half way) I would be furious (again...).
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(07-10-2020, 05:44 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(07-10-2020, 05:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  * Remember guys this weeks race starts 1 hour earlier than its usual slot, so 1:10pm UK time*

Thanks! I did not know that and otherwise, finding out I joined in half way) I would be furious (again...).

I always just go by the sky EPG. Never know what times the FP sessions are until I look on the Sky Q guide.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

"At the time of writing, rain is forecast to fall almost relentlessly from Friday to Sunday.  

While the thought of drivers navigating the already daunting Nürburgring layout with rain constantly playing a part is more than a little entertaining, it could also make for a rather dull spectacle with limited running.

The reason is that the drivers have only three sets of the full-wet tyre and four of the intermediate compound.

If the forecast is correct and only these compounds are required, there could be a lot of quiet moments on track, with teams saving the rubber for qualifying and the race."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-10-2020, 12:36 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  At the time of writing, rain is forecast to fall almost relentlessly from Friday to Sunday.  

Like they couldn't see this coming?

Will be a shame if it wipes out all the P sessions as I will not be able to watch three limited running sessions. Croft will drive me insane.

(08-10-2020, 12:40 PM)morini Wrote:  
(08-10-2020, 12:36 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  At the time of writing, rain is forecast to fall almost relentlessly from Friday to Sunday.  

Like they couldn't see this coming?

Will be a shame if it wipes out all the P sessions as I will not be able to watch three limited running sessions. Croft will drive me insane.

Yeah this is partly why I posted, I know they choose tyres weeks in advance normally but surely with the Pirelli factory being so close they could have given extra wet tyres, thought everybody saw the weather coming, honestly Crofty always used to Irk me, now he wont stop trying to change F1 he's proper winding me up, makes my chest ache he does....    Angry

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post