2020 Russian GP

(25-09-2020, 04:24 PM)Beano Wrote:  
(25-09-2020, 04:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not been on here because I've been supporting my wife with her operations. Doesn't help that Sochi is literally the worst track in F1. Utterly hate it.

It is indeed one of the less entertaining tracks yes. Oh well have to take the rough with the smooth.

There has been a lot of rough lately. Looking forward to going back to Turkey and Nürburgring, and also going to Autódromo Internacional do Algarve in Portugal for the first time. Never was a fan of Imola, or Abu Dhabi, or Bahrain. Plus I think you can stick a fork in this season because it's well done.

(25-09-2020, 04:37 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
(25-09-2020, 04:24 PM)Beano Wrote:  
(25-09-2020, 04:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not been on here because I've been supporting my wife with her operations. Doesn't help that Sochi is literally the worst track in F1. Utterly hate it.

It is indeed one of the less entertaining tracks yes. Oh well have to take the rough with the smooth.

There has been a lot of rough lately. Looking forward to going back to Turkey and Nürburgring, and also going to Autódromo Internacional do Algarve in Portugal for the first time. Never was a fan of Imola, or Abu Dhabi, or Bahrain. Plus I think you can stick a fork in this season because it's well done.

Truly a one horse race, it’s a big shame RBR/Honda had some troubles last couple of races as I think Max can deliver them a title if given a reliable/quicker car

Was away for work a couple of days, therefor my absence.

Anyway, the questions I have are like I already mentioned in my first post:
Is Verstappen back on his old P3, or does that car still have a problem?
How will Albon do for P4, fighting the Racing Points and maybe Renault?

Anyone else fancy Renault tomorrow? They are certainly getting closer and stronger to the front of the midfield teams.
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

Forget Sochi, I hope your wife is ok and her operations went well.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 5 users Like The Professor's post

(25-09-2020, 06:58 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Forget Sochi, I hope your wife is ok and her operations went well.

I will second that, I hope she will be on the mend as soon as possible!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-09-2020, 03:33 PM)Beano Wrote:  I thought rather than say, us Ferrari, McLaren etc etc etc that “non” was a lot quicker. Made sense to me at least.

Fair enough then. My bad.

Probably my problem, but the way you phrased that could also be construed as someone who begrudges the Mercedes team the incredible success they are enjoying. There are so many bitter people out there who use similar phrases on social media The way I saw it anyway, many apologies if I am off the mark.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post

Jody I hope your wife makes a Full Recovery......Motor Racin means nothing when someone's health is in question......I wish her well.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(25-09-2020, 05:14 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Is Verstappen back on his old P3, or does that car still have a problem?
How will Albon do for P4, fighting the Racing Points and maybe Renault?

I only watched FP2, but would not be surprised to see Red Bull on the third row rather than directly behind the Mercedes lads tomorrow. Neither Red Bull looked all that happy. Dan Ricciardo looks like a strong bet so far.

Could be sandbags at dawn though! Never wise to take too much out of a FP session.

Oh look, it's a Saturday and Lewis Hamilton has remembered where the loud pedal is... he just gets quicker as the weekend goes on.

Thanks for the comments about the wife. Has one more operation to go, and hopefully all will be fine.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post