2020 Toscana Ferrari 1000 GP

Yeah its a tad narrow for these modern day f1 cars, perfect for the bikes though.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Lads relax....Its a great track.....its tight yes but it has plenty of overtaking corners and one huge straight.....it will be one race that you will want to add to the calender every year
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

RTL claiming Mick Schumacher is set to get a run out in fp1 this weekend, anyone seen it confirmed elsewhere?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(09-09-2020, 11:35 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  RTL claiming Mick Schumacher is set to get a run out in fp1 this weekend, anyone seen it confirmed elsewhere?

Nope, but I've not been in long and haven't done any web surfing today. A run in the Alfa I take it?

Now RTL reports that it is not happening in Mugello. Mick will do a F1 free practice session at some point but it is not decided yet where exactly that will be.....looks like they weren't listening properly

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Mick Schumacher: "Im really delighted to have the chance to drive the iconic Ferrari F2004 of my father again. Cant wait for Sunday in Mugello"

.......at least I will get to see one fast red car this weekend  Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-09-2020, 06:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Mick Schumacher: "Im really delighted to have the chance to drive the iconic Ferrari F2004 of my father again. Cant wait for Sunday in Mugello"

.......at least I will get to see one fast red car this weekend  Big Grin

Well, a nice sounding one, at any rate.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Looks like we will see 1 red car out front on Sunday after all

[+] 6 users Like forzaferrari's post

It does look fast, will be hard to follow cars, expecting a Hungary show.
The best bit, zero tarmac run off, mistakes will be punished.
The last corner with it's slight positive camber, could open up different lines in and out and really open up attacks early down the main straight. The problem with the straight is the "kink" at the end by the pit exit, which could aide blocking an overtake. It could get messy, especially as they go over the crest at the very end of the straight immediately into the breaking zone.

Looking forward to seeing this though, always do with a new track for F1.

Not going to enjoy rippled braking zones for the bikes though Angry

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Well, a new circuit to all the current drivers and possibly it may make driver input a little more important? I know they can all drive sims of the track so they don't exactly have to "learn" it from scratch, but I would think when the drivers get on the circuit for real they will take some time to suss out the track and get quicker over the weekend.

Got me thinking, who has the form for this? Starting with raw stats, Lewis and Seb have the plaudits for winning on most different circuits.

Here's the stats rest of the drivers on the grid who have won races (excluding Gasly)

Valtteri Bottas
7  wins different circuits
10 pole different circuits

Sebastian Vettel
21 wins different circuits
23 pole different circuits

Charles Leclerc
2 wins different circuits
7 pole different circuits

Max Verstappen
7 wins different circuits
2 pole different circuits

Kimi Raikkonen
15 wins different circuits
13 pole different circuits

Daniel Ricciardo
7 wins different circuits
2 poles different circuits

Just as a comparison, here are the stats for the man with the most race wins and WDC;s

Michael Schumacher
23 wins different circuits
20 pole different circuits
[+] 3 users Like morini's post