2020 Toscana Ferrari 1000 GP

(07-09-2020, 12:33 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Ferrari is set to use a one-off Formula 1 livery to celebrate its 1,000th race at this weekend's Tuscan Grand Prix.  (MotorSport)

Ferrari will become the first F1 team to have raced in 1,000 rounds of the world championship on Sunday, and is set to honour the landmark with a retro car livery.

Mmmm let me guess, perhaps Red with a touch of white - of all the teams on the grid have any been less creative with their livery?
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyB's post

(07-09-2020, 02:09 PM)morini Wrote:  
(07-09-2020, 02:04 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Bottas would say that ....he couldn't pass a shit just now.....

Hahah Laughing

Harsh!

But fair  Winkblink

(07-09-2020, 06:12 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
(07-09-2020, 12:33 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Ferrari is set to use a one-off Formula 1 livery to celebrate its 1,000th race at this weekend's Tuscan Grand Prix.  (MotorSport)

Ferrari will become the first F1 team to have raced in 1,000 rounds of the world championship on Sunday, and is set to honour the landmark with a retro car livery.

Mmmm let me guess, perhaps Red with a touch of white - of all the teams on the grid have any been less creative with their livery?

Red is a great colour for the Ferarri team....it matches all the engineers faces this year when the car goes through a speed trap   or even when it goes through some polystyrene barriers........or wipes out a tyre wall......
But its not as red as the guys arse that said in 2019..."No a waya will a d FIA ever find this fuela cheat^....it's still being slapped as i type this........mama mia.

And no Paddy....none
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

So I know almost nothing about this upcoming track. Is it any good for F1?

Interesting factor in this is that most of the drivers (I think, not sure) don't know the track either. That could mix it up a bit. And Neil, you might get your share of safety cars again because of that...
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(08-09-2020, 08:23 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  So I know almost nothing about this upcoming track. Is it any good for F1?

I guess we will soon see Anti, here is a lap onboard if you havent already seen it.

https://youtu.be/W4MB4LlTLCI

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Mark Webber said it's going to be a neck snapper with the current F1 cars. This article was from before it was a confirmed 2020 venue.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/06/1...rns-webber

We discussed it on here somewhere but I can't find the thread that conversation was in. I'm looking forward to it.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(08-09-2020, 08:39 PM)morini Wrote:  I'm looking forward to it.

Oh yes.........   Cool

"Webber previously drove the circuit in 2012 and following that wrote on social media: “I did 10 dry laps today around Mugello, which is the same as doing 1,000 laps around the Abu Dhabi track in terms of satisfaction.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-09-2020, 08:35 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  https://youtu.be/W4MB4LlTLCI

Must say, it's got a lovely flow to it. However, am I the only one thinking the track looks narrow? I mean what with the current gen F1 cars being on the large side that could be problematic.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Useless fact of the day: In the 1980s, there were plans to flood the valley where the Mugello track is situated and turn it into a reservoir to supply drinking water to Florence. The plans were abandoned following Ferrari’s purchase of the circuit.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

It is looking like a bloody fast track. Narrow though.
Not sure about the overtake opportunities, but those first two corners are looking fun for sure.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(08-09-2020, 08:44 PM)morini Wrote:  Must say, it's got a lovely flow to it. However, am I the only one thinking the track looks narrow?

(08-09-2020, 08:48 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  It is looking like a bloody fast track. Narrow though.

Not just me then Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post