Alpine F1Team

2nd official team name change this week

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(08-01-2021, 02:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  2nd official team name change this week

Meh. All marketing BS.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Renault Alpine has announced Cyril Abiteboul has left the French team. Laurent Rossi has been named Alpine CEO with confirmation expected soon over who will head up the F1 team.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-01-2021, 06:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Renault Alpine has announced Cyril Abiteboul has left the French team. Laurent Rossi has been named Alpine CEO with confirmation expected soon over who will head up the F1 team.

Finally some good news in these shite times of lockdown and waiting for F1 to start again (and not even sure about the race calendar).
Always thought Abiteboul was a dick, even for French standards.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(11-01-2021, 08:56 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Always thought Abiteboul was a dick, even for French standards.

I always thought he was OK, not the worst team principal anyway. He dislikes Christian Horner so that makes him OK in my books!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(12-01-2021, 10:43 PM)morini Wrote:  
(11-01-2021, 08:56 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Always thought Abiteboul was a dick, even for French standards.

I always thought he was OK, not the worst team principal anyway. He dislikes Christian Horner so that makes him OK in my books!

Fair enough.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Taffin leaves Renault/Alpine

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...3kQDW.html

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Marcin Budkowski leaves Renault

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...TcvTa.html
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Alpine has finally confirmed Otmar Szafnauer as its new team principal following the conclusion of its management review.

Szafnauer was long touted for a switch towards the French marque last season prior to his departure as team principal of Aston Martin at the start of the year.

Upon joining Alpine, Szafnauer said: “I am thrilled to join BWT Alpine F1 Team and ready to get to work with everyone to achieve our challenge - bring the team to fight for the championship within the next 100 races.

"My attention is focused on preparing for the start of the season in Bahrain. As one of the three car manufacturers involved in Formula 1, Alpine is fully armed to achieve its ambition. I can’t wait to start the journey!”

In addition to Szafnauer, Bruno Famin has been appointed executive director of the team in Viry-Châtillon overseeing the development of the power unit, working closely with Enstone to optimise its performance within the chassis package.

Famin was most recently deputy sport secretary-general at the FIA, prior to which he enjoyed a successful 15-year spell with Peugeot, notably overseeing the 908's win in Le Mans in 2009.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post