2020 Belgian GP

Rain percentages have gone down a little since I last checked, but looks like we should still get some weather unpredictability on Sunday.

[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(25-08-2020, 12:30 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Personally I would like to see them reconsider banning quali modes. Really rather pathetic that because RBR / Ferrari can't compete they try to get the rules changed. I read that Mercedes did not use any special qualification mode in Spain anyway, yet they were still light years ahead. Not only do Merc have the fastest car they have the two quickest 1 lap drivers on the grid as well. That must be very hard for the competition to swallow.

Anybody read this?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-mo...n=widget-6

I've got coffee all down my t-shirt now! Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. The FIA are going to regret making this so complex rather than just leaving it the f*ck alone.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Another race, another "dont run wide at these corners but do whatever you like elsewhere" warning

The FIA has toughened up on its policing of track limits for the Belgian Grand Prix, with drivers now warned that they must not run wide at three corners.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/belgi...a/4863690/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(27-08-2020, 11:30 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Another race, another "dont run wide at these corners but do whatever you like elsewhere" warning

The FIA has toughened up on its policing of track limits for the Belgian Grand Prix, with drivers now warned that they must not run wide at three corners.

Bloody FIA cretins! 

One thing everyone on here agrees about is track limits. A rare thing in itself!

This is another prime example of the FIA overcomplicating what is an incredibly simple concept. A race track has lines around it demarking where the track goes. There is no room for interpretation, it is black and white. All 4 wheels over the white lines and it is outside track limits. If the driver wasn't pushed there (or there from making a mistake) then it should attract a penalty. The FIA like to muddy the waters and use the coloured kerbs but (IMO) they shouldn't do that. The white lines demark the track everywhere, not just on certain corners.

MotoGP approach this is in the correct way, why can't F1?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Track limits are simple. The tack has white lines, stay in them or get a 10 second stop go penalty. Just keep doing that.

As to quali mode rumours are it'll hurt Renault the most then Honda. Not sure how that'll reel Mercedes in, but given Ferrari currently have no quali mode I guess they'll be hit the least. Not going to make them competitive though is it.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(27-08-2020, 11:43 AM)morini Wrote:  
(27-08-2020, 11:30 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Another race, another "dont run wide at these corners but do whatever you like elsewhere" warning

Bloody FIA cretins! 
MotoGP approach this is in the correct way, why can't F1?
Well said Mor.......MotoGP rules are simple.....run out wide more than 3 times you get a track limits warning .....do it again without being pushed out by another rider, then drop a place back or if the riders are all bunched together like in moto 3 then it's a long loop penalty...... do it just the once on the last lap....drop a place back.....Simples
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

Who has used what going into this weekend

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Wow.... That Mercedes engine is such a beast.

Forza is there any truth that Ferrari are in negotiations to use a Mercedes engine next year?
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

I imagine Mercedes will be introducing a new ICE this weekend though? In fact probably a new everything bar mgu-k.

(27-08-2020, 04:11 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Forza is there any truth that Ferrari are in negotiations to use a Mercedes engine next year?

Dont be silly Neil, we are sticking with the 900cc 2 cylinder Fiat 500 engine introduced this season.

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post