2020 Belgian GP

(24-08-2020, 01:42 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Love Spa when it's raining....takes one little mistake or lapse of concentration and it's all over..It will level the playing field and make for a better race...Bring on the rain.

Yeah, me too, love rain at any race. At Spa though it's such a long lap if the conditions are variable it can have a big impact in shaking up the order. If it is out and out wet then I'm not sure about it leveling the playing field to be honest, I reckon there's only two horses in outright wet conditions.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(24-08-2020, 01:54 PM)morini Wrote:  I reckon there's only two horses in outright wet conditions.

Sounds good..... this year has been a 1 horse race from the outset so if the rain doubles that we should all be happy  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(24-08-2020, 02:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  this year has been a 1 horse race from the outset so if the rain doubles that we should all be happy  Wink

Has it? I don't remember anyone saying that after the season opener (i.e the outset).

Six races in, yeah, I guess you are correct, it is a one horse race. But not from the outset Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Am I right in thinking the "party mode" ban has been pushed back until Monza and not as originally planned for this weekends Spa race?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(24-08-2020, 04:49 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Am I right in thinking the "party mode" ban has been pushed back until Monza and not as originally planned for this weekends Spa race?

Yes I read that it had, cant remember why though....   Rolleyes

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(24-08-2020, 01:54 PM)morini Wrote:  
 I reckon there's only two horses in outright wet conditions.

Hamilton, and.....Stroll? : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(24-08-2020, 04:49 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Am I right in thinking the "party mode" ban has been pushed back until Monza and not as originally planned for this weekends Spa race?

Personally I would like to see them reconsider banning quali modes. Really rather pathetic that because RBR / Ferrari can't compete they try to get the rules changed. I read that Mercedes did not use any special qualification mode in Spain anyway, yet they were still light years ahead. Not only do Merc have the fastest car they have the two quickest 1 lap drivers on the grid as well. That must be very hard for the competition to swallow.

I have a feeling that engine mode ban will backfire on the FIA for 2 reasons.
  • Mercedes will still be quicker, so they gain nothing as it is clear all moves this year are designed to slow the best team down. Looks like bias to any rational person.
  • The FIA look more and more like puppets with every decision they make. Already very hard to take them seriously after last years Ferrari "agreement".

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 4 users Like The Professor's post

(24-08-2020, 05:20 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  

Yes I read that it had, cant remember why though....   Rolleyes

yes bud it’s been pushed back
[+] 3 users Like Beano's post

The Professor you are absolutely right, analysis from Spain did indeed show Mercedes did not use their quali modes... while their opposition did. Obviously this made qualifying far closer between the tea.. oh... hang on a second.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(25-08-2020, 12:30 PM)The Professor Wrote:  

Personally I would like to see them reconsider banning quali modes. Really rather pathetic that because RBR / Ferrari can't compete they try to get the rules changed. I read that Mercedes did not use any special qualification mode in Spain anyway, yet they were still light years ahead. Not only do Merc have the fastest car they have the two quickest 1 lap drivers on the grid as well. That must be very hard for the competition to swallow.

I have a feeling that engine mode ban will backfire on the FIA for 2 reasons.
  • Mercedes will still be quicker, so they gain nothing as it is clear all moves this year are designed to slow the best team down. Looks like bias to any rational person.
  • The FIA look more and more like puppets with every decision they make. Already very hard to take them seriously after last years Ferrari "agreement".

Maybe there is a third reason:
When Mercedes is not allowed to use a quali mode, they have no reason not to use a race set up on Saterday, making them even faster on Sunday. 
Not sure if it works that way, but you guys are sure to tell me that then.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post