2020 Belgian GP

(18-08-2020, 10:05 PM)morini Wrote:  
(18-08-2020, 04:54 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
https://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/accommodation

[color=#6b6b6b][size=medium][font=BlinkMacSystemFont, -apple-system,][b]
Appartement 2 Chambres Rue de Spa

Cheers for the tip mate. I can't seem to find that one on the link you give?

Anyway, I would imagine a place 1Km from the gates would be arm and leg territory over a F1 weekend?

The link was just in case you wanted a look around, the address is where we stayed, soz not clear enough, will look to find it for you later. (& PM)

Yup, few years back but still made me shudder.... but in the middle of the fans, the beer, the sausages, the atmosphere, Kimi (in a chopper) landed in at the Italian restaurant a few doors up, the best weekend ever. (was driving obviously for Ferrari)

Sad its unlikely  I'll ever do it again.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

In terms of extra races there is talk of 2 in Bahrain, and 2 in Abu Dhabi. There is apparently agreements in place, just the Government's need to green light them. There's also talk of Turkey, but talk of Kyalami has cooled apparently.

As to the Belgian GP, in modern times there's a higher percentage of winners starting from 2nd and 3rd than there is pole apparently. I say apparently because I've just taken a friend's word for it and not tried to confirm it myself. Given the form Lewis is in, and given the car Mercedes have given him I just think it's difficult to look past Lewis for the next two races. Lewis has had some rotten luck at both Spa and Monza over the years, but generally speaking he goes well at both and seems to like them. As to Bottas? I think his fight is now for second against Max. He has a car advantage I'd say at both tracks, certainly in qualifying, but probably the race too, but perhaps not by as big a margin. So we'll see if he has what it takes to claim second in the WDC.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(19-08-2020, 09:56 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  In terms of extra races there is talk of 2 in Bahrain, and 2 in Abu Dhabi. There is apparently agreements in place, just the Government's need to green light them. There's also talk of Turkey, but talk of Kyalami has cooled apparently.

The biggest news channel in Turkey yesterday morning apparently announced it was 100% going ahead but Ive seen nowt about it elsewhere.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(19-08-2020, 09:56 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  There's also talk of Turkey

(19-08-2020, 10:53 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The biggest news channel in Turkey yesterday morning apparently announced it was 100% going ahead but Ive seen nowt about it elsewhere.

Been a while since F1's been there, I can't remember all that much about it TBH. Apart from it's an anticlockwise Hilke track and Massa liked it!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Turkey is a cracking F1 track. Genuinely a modern classic in my opinion, apart from the last 3 corners in S3 which were a bit pointless / Mickey Mouse. Two races there would do nicely. It was also designed in a way that you could run the race both ways round the track, which might explain the awful end to S3.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(19-08-2020, 01:35 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Turkey is a cracking F1 track. Genuinely a modern classic in my opinion, apart from the last 3 corners in S3 which were a bit pointless / Mickey Mouse. Two races there would do nicely. It was also designed in a way that you could run the race both ways round the track, which might explain the awful end to S3.

What was the reason they only did a handful of races there? I'm guessing money related, but I don't have a great memory. If I race isn't really "stand out" I can't recall specific ones. But Turkey didn't last long on the calendar, well 7 races, but that isn't many in the great scheme of things.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Bernie wanted more money from the Turkish Government, but the track is in a poor location away from anywhere and was an arse to get to. It is not near Istanbul, despite it's name, and thus didn't attract the crowds.

(19-08-2020, 04:39 PM)morini Wrote:  
(19-08-2020, 01:35 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Turkey is a cracking F1 track. Genuinely a modern classic in my opinion, apart from the last 3 corners in S3 which were a bit pointless / Mickey Mouse. Two races there would do nicely. It was also designed in a way that you could run the race both ways round the track, which might explain the awful end to S3.

What was the reason they only did a handful of races there? I'm guessing money related, but I don't have a great memory. If I race isn't really "stand out" I can't recall specific ones. But Turkey didn't last long on the calendar, well 7 races, but that isn't many in the great scheme of things.
I'm sure Turkey has one of the best left hand corners of any circuit......was also where the bulls took each other out for the first time between Webber and Vettel.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

Yeee Haaahhhh!! I hope this doesn't turn out to be wishful thinking.

[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(24-08-2020, 01:15 PM)morini Wrote:  Yeee Haaahhhh!! I hope this doesn't turn out to be wishful thinking.

Love Spa when it's raining....takes one little mistake or lapse of concentration and it's all over..It will level the playing field and make for a better race...Bring on the rain.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post