2020 Belgian GP

(31-08-2020, 06:08 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Didnt think it was normal and at the time there was a lot of posts on chat sayong it wad bad.......I remember going on board and the car sounded terrible

Yeah, so Jody was saying as well. I didn't go onboard so can't really offer anything other than what I heard Bono say on the radio.

It didn't seem to cause any lasting problems though.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(31-08-2020, 06:26 PM)morini Wrote:  
(31-08-2020, 06:08 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Didnt think it was normal and at the time there was a lot of posts on chat sayong it wad bad.......I remember going on board and the car sounded terrible

Yeah, so Jody was saying as well. I didn't go onboard so can't really offer anything other than what I heard Bono say on the radio.

It didn't seem to cause any lasting problems though.

Yea read Jody's post after i replied to you...strange Merc are ignoring the issue completely....must be a gremlin they don't want to expand on....maybe they will once they figure it out themselves.....
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

Couple of things I wanted to put out there? 

1.Did Lewis set a new lap record here? (Pretty sure he did).
2. What are your thoughts on the fact that they can manipulate the track more than they’ve ever been able? to does that make a difference? 
3. Would it of been as quick in the white lines as last year? 
4. Should they remove those run offs and get back to the white lines and perhaps put gravel traps back for driver error(you go off your likely to be out of the race).

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151828...of-pushing

(02-09-2020, 07:02 PM)Beano Wrote:  Couple of things I wanted to put out there? 

1.Did Lewis set a new lap record here? (Pretty sure he did).

Both his Q3 laps, yes.

Not sure exactly where you're going with the other 3, unless it is questioning track limits? Lewis laps, (all the drivers actually) were well outside what any rational person would call "track limits" at several points on those (stellar) laps. However, they have been allowing it for years. Nobody's fault but the FIA's.

I've expressed my views on that lots of times and it happens to be one topic everyone sees eye to eye on. The white lines alone should be used to determine track limits and not coloured curbing. Four wheels over the white lines and it is "off the track". Easy to understand and easy to police. But the FIA come up with these exceptions, "it's not the white line at turn X, it is the curbing". Stupid, confusing for the observer and bloody infuriating.

If you read back through the thread I think you'll find track limits were discussed. If you are not talking about track limits them I apologise for missing the point.

Love these sessions by Mercedes, explains a lot especially the strategy of the race from their perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxnKhyBOVo

EDIT: Also explains Lewis comment on losing power.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Yeah they're good questions, but it doesn't explain the spluttering of Lewis' engine, it didn't sound like it was firing right for 4 to 5 laps, then it seemingly kicked in again, actually through Pouhon. It was definitely audible, maybe it was the ERS causing the issue, but he was frantic on his steering wheel for a while.