2020 Spanish GP

(19-08-2020, 03:34 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  PS, you are also wrong, the Soft pit stop was his second. He set his fastest lap on a set of nediums, which was his third pitstop.

Eh? What? How am I wrong? I said it was VB's third stop, hence my commenting on Palmers wording in the first place. Maybe re-read what I said?

And no, I admit I didn't see the video. The wording in the article definitely sounds like he had no clue how many pit stops Bottas made though.

[edit]
The whole thing was worded badly, I am well aware VB set the fastest time on the medium after a 3rd stop. The article doesn't read like that. If he did a 1 stopper he would never have made the second stop (for soft) or the third stop (for medium). Just really poor reporting IMO and should have been picked up before publication.

No, you are wrong, Bottas went Soft, Medium, Soft, Medium. So Palmer is right, and you are wrong. The second pitstop was for Softs. So, Palmer saying don't pit for Softs and one stop is correct.

(19-08-2020, 03:45 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  No, you are wrong, Bottas went Soft, Medium, Soft, Medium. So Palmer is right, and you are wrong. The second pitstop was for Softs. So, Palmer saying don't pit for Softs and one stop is correct.

No, I'm sorry, I'm not wrong at all I think you are the one misinterpreting what I mean. I know exactly what I said and I know how many stops Bottas made. Palmer is claiming Bottas would have been better on a 1 stopper. Agreed? That would mean he came in after stint 1 and switched to mediums and then stayed on those until the end of the race. So Palmer thinks that he should not have made the second stop (to softs) at all and go to the end of the race. However, his article clearly states "With track position being so important at Barcelona, it was surprising that Mercedes pitted Bottas again at the end of the race, rather than attempting a one stopper." That makes no sense! The stop "at the end  of the race" was his third, back to mediums and done to secure the fastest lap (which he already had, by the way).

Either you are misunderstanding what I am complaining about here or you aren't reading what I said.

You could well be right Morini, have been in a 6 hour work meeting being told a third of our departmental staff are to be made redundant, despite no cuts in funding or revenue and the department being profitable. Just using the pandemic as cover for being shitty. So my brain is frazzled today, so if I'm wrong I apologise.

Either way here's my thoughts:

Palmer is broadly right in the article.

Palmer wouldn't pass A-Level English

Bottas should have one stopped because at least Max would have had to pass him.

Hamilton's race / drive was exceptional. Apparently Mika Häkkinen rated it one of the best drives he's seen, so add his name to the gushing praise. Looked in total control from where I was sitting, but perhaps that's the point. Either way some very good drivers seem to think Lewis' drive in Sunday was special.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(19-08-2020, 05:23 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  You could well be right Morini, have been in a 6 hour work meeting being told a third of our departmental staff are to be made redundant, despite no cuts in funding or revenue and the department being profitable. Just using the pandemic as cover for being shitty. So my brain is frazzled today, so if I'm wrong I apologise.

Ah, shit. That's never a nice situation, I hope you come through it unscathed fella. But even if you don't then these things usually have a way of turning out ok in the end. I've worked for firms that have gone under twice in my working life and losing my job turned out to be a positive thing both times (looking back, it's bloody devastating at the time).

I'm sure you will be fine. FIngers crossed for you.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(19-08-2020, 05:23 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  You could well be right Morini, have been in a 6 hour work meeting being told a third of our departmental staff are to be made redundant, despite no cuts in funding or revenue and the department being profitable. Just using the pandemic as cover for being shitty.

Sorry to hear that.
Morini already said all the right things.
Hope they don't take to many time for giving all you guys clarity.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post