Poll: Who will be in the second Red Bull car in 2021? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Albon
22.22%
22.22%
Gasly
11.11%
11.11%
Perez
22.22%
22.22%
Vettel
0%
0%
Hulkenberg
22.22%
22.22%
Other
22.22%
22.22%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Who is in the second Red Bull car in 2021?

I feel that either Perez or the Hulk would help Red Bull & Max improve the car more than Albon or Gasly

I totally agree with you Papa. I just do not think either are the type of drivers Red Bull typically sign. Lets be brutally honest here its a number two driver position up for grabs regardless of who it is. That is the reality. I am not saying drivers will not accept that I thinks its better to be a number two in a top team than a number one in the midfield.

As for Albon, maybe I am totally wrong about him (would not be the first or last time for that for sure) but I still think he has much to offer and can be a much closer team mate to Verstappen as he shown so far.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(08-08-2020, 08:12 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I just do not think either are the type of drivers Red Bull typically sign.

Lets be brutally honest here its a number two driver position up for grabs regardless of who it is. That is the reality. 

As for Albon, maybe I am totally wrong about him (would not be the first or last time for that for sure) but I still think he has much to offer and can be a much closer team mate to Verstappen as he shown so far.

I Agree with you Neil, they would usually use the young driver programme, so I would be surprised "If" they chose a non Red Bull driver.

Absolutely, Max is the chosen one at Red Bull.   

I "really" hope its me that's wrong & Albon matches Max, another Brit fighting at the front, yes please.   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

5 votes cast, one of the most split poles we've had on here.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(08-08-2020, 08:59 PM)morini Wrote:  5 votes cast, one of the most split poles we've had on here.

I just voted Gasly, to properly split this pole up.

To be clear; Gasly is not the one I would want, just the one I think Red Bull will go for if Albon does not rapidly improves, starting tomorrow.
I thought Perez would be a good match (and still think so), but Hulkenberg today convinced me he should be the one. I always liked Hulkenberg and thought he is quick and now I discovered how quickly I forget when a driver (not being Schumacher, Alonso or drivers like that) is out of racing.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

(08-08-2020, 09:04 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  To be clear; Gasly is not the one I would want, just the one I think Red Bull will go for if Albon does not rapidly improves, starting tomorrow.
I thought Perez would be a good match (and still think so), but Hulkenberg today convinced me he should be the one. I always liked Hulkenberg and thought he is quick and now I discovered how quickly I forget when a driver (not being Schumacher, Alonso or drivers like that) is out of racing.

You should vote for the Hulk then Anti.

I'd like to see the Hulk in there myself, but I'm not sure it would ever happen. Perez isn't amongst my top drivers, but I think he is solid, will bring in points, knows how to manage tyres and would also pay his way due to the Mexican sponsors that carry him. I still think he is the most likely if RBR decide to go outside their own program.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I have to make adjustments here; Gasly is proven me wrong race after race. Maybe he is ready for it. Put the kid back in the Red Bull!
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(06-09-2020, 05:42 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I have to make adjustments here; Gasly is proven me wrong race after race. Maybe he is ready for it. Put the kid back in the Red Bull!

If Gasly has sense he’ll fook them off and I think he could stay at AT them move to AlpineF1 in 2022
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(06-09-2020, 05:42 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I have to make adjustments here; Gasly is proven me wrong race after race. Maybe he is ready for it. Put the kid back in the Red Bull!

He's had a good season this year. I wouldn't say this just because he got an "unusual" win today, but his all round performance this year has been better than Alex Albon. I don't think anyone could argue otherwise?

He certainly kept his nerve today once in front. Will do the lads confidence no end of good.

However, much as I hate to agree with LL, Red Bull might not be the best thing for him. It didn't work for him last time and the atmosphere there is toxic.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

However, much as I hate to agree with LL, 

This LOL least you swallowed your pride for a change eh  Tongue

(06-09-2020, 06:06 PM)Beano Wrote:  

If Gasly has sense he’ll fook them off and I think he could stay at AT them move to AlpineF1 in 2022
(06-09-2020, 07:21 PM)morini Wrote:  However, much as I hate to agree with LL, Red Bull might not be the best thing for him. It didn't work for him last time and the atmosphere there is toxic.

I see the point about a Red Bull return, though I think he'd jump at the chance but at Alpine with Alonso?   Shutup

It would melt his melon that's for sure Haha     Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post