Poll: Who will be in the second Red Bull car in 2021? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Albon
22.22%
22.22%
Gasly
11.11%
11.11%
Perez
22.22%
22.22%
Vettel
0%
0%
Hulkenberg
22.22%
22.22%
Other
22.22%
22.22%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Who is in the second Red Bull car in 2021?

Just hear some media telling that Red Bull wanted to call Hulkenberg this weekend to stand by for Albon's car. Saying it was not sure if Albon got cleared in time to race (covid).
Then of corse Stroll got sick.

If true, this doesn't seems like a regular stand by. Hulkenberg is not Red bull reserve or test driver.
So, next year Hulkenberg next to Verstappen?
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Nico Hulkenberg almost made his Red Bull debut at the Eifel GP with Helmut Marko revealing he called the driver after Alex Albon recorded an inconclusive test.

Hulkenberg was in action for Racing Point at the Nurburgring, a late call up to fill in for Lance Stroll.

The German climbed into the car for qualifying, finished P20, before racing his way to eighth place on the Sunday.

Racing Point, however, almost missed out on having Hulkenberg fill in as the German was in talks with Red Bull on the Friday.

According to Marko, Albon recorded an inconclusive test and while the team waited he spoke with Hulkenberg about driving the RB16 at the Nurburgring.

“I was in contact with him on Friday because Alex Albon had an unclear corona test result and we almost needed a replacement,” F1-Insider.com reports him as having told Sport1.

Albon’s test turned out to be negative and he stayed in the car, retiring from the race due to a punctured radiator.

The Eifel Grand Prix, though, may not be closest Hulkenberg ever gets to a Red Bull race seat.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think the Hulk is kind of a "floating" reserve driver, but I am surprised RBR don't have somebody lined up from their own programme. Particularly with the current virus situation. Was it Alex Albons girlfriend who's tested positive? I don't think I saw anything on that other than "one of the RBR / AT drivers girlfriend is positive".

Regarding Albon, I think his days are numbered now after this weekend's performance (irrespective of whether or not his mum is sympathy shagging Helmut Marko).
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

"Red Bull says Nico Hulkenberg could be an option for the team in 2021, after revealing that it even spoke to the German about driving at the Nurburgring."

This was getting obvious.
Anyway, good to hear this news. Hope they make the switch. Albon does not deserve that seat, Hulkenberg does.

O, and they consider Perez. Looks like Albon is out (as well as a big question mark for the RB driver pool and Gasly knows he will never drive for the big team again).
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

“The junior programme is not providing someone to step up and push Max hard enough,” Di Resta said on Sky F1.

But that comment was challenged by Rosberg which led to the following exchange…

Rosberg: “But hang on a second, Paul, you’ve got Pierre Gasly who is having an epic season. 

You know something that we don’t here…so why is Gasly not going to be in that car next year?”

Di Resta: “I’m only talking about the whispers you hear up and down the paddock.”

Rosberg: “Which is?”

Di Resta: “Somehow…he [Gasly] has upset a few people within Red Bull.”

Rosberg: “For example? Who exactly?”

Di Resta: “You can have those chats, Nico.”

So, sadly, no more information from Di Resta but fair play to Rosberg for trying.

Have you heard any whispers from your paddock buddy Jody?

(13-10-2020, 12:54 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  "Red Bull says Nico Hulkenberg could be an option for the team in 2021, after revealing that it even spoke to the German about driving at the Nurburgring."

This was getting obvious.
Anyway, good to hear this news. Hope they make the switch. Albon does not deserve that seat, Hulkenberg does.

O, and they consider Perez. Looks like Albon is out (as well as a big question mark for the RB driver pool and Gasly knows he will never drive for the big team again).

Hulkenberg would be a strong driver in the RBR, in Germany he proved convincingly he can adapt quickly, RBR need a driver who can perform consistently and provide a challenge to Mercedes No.2 that’s where Max is losing out also, he doesn’t have the teammate who can work Mercedes harder in their strategies usually Albon is way down which leaves Mercedes only concerned about how to maximise their points with Max firmly in the middle of them. I hope Nico gets the seat, Albon may well be a nice guy but a challenge to Mercedes he is not. 

If not Nico then Perez would also be food for thought.
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko has revealed both Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg are in the running for a Red Bull race seat next season.

Both drivers are highly rated within the paddock and, with Alex Albon seemingly struggling to maximise the pace of the RB16 despite a confidence boosting maiden podium in Mugello, Marko has reopened the possibility the team could make a change.

Marko, who revealed the team had made contact with Hulkenberg ahead of the Eifel Grand Prix due to the Thai-British driver returning an inconclusive Covid test, stated conclusivly that, were Red Bull to look outside its talent pool, Hulkenberg and Perez are the only names that would enter consideration.

"We can call the names that are available on the market," he told German Sport1. "This is Hulkenberg and this is Perez. The question is how far away they would be from Max?

"We have comparisons with [Daniel] Ricciardo and we can draw conclusions about where the drivers stand. I don't think that anyone would get closer than three tenths.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I'm going with.......Nobody, RedBull pull the plug : O

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(20-10-2020, 08:06 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I'm going with.......Nobody, RedBull pull the plug : O

I wish they would pull the plug! Both teams would stay as they'd be bought up as going concerns. But spice boy and Marko would be history and the F1 world would be a better place.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post