Poll: Who will be in the second Red Bull car in 2021? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Albon
22.22%
22.22%
Gasly
11.11%
11.11%
Perez
22.22%
22.22%
Vettel
0%
0%
Hulkenberg
22.22%
22.22%
Other
22.22%
22.22%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Who is in the second Red Bull car in 2021?

We all have an opinion on this one, so why not another thread and poll?
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

If Albon doesn't come good very soon then my money is on Perez.

Yip, Perez, good for Red Bull & Max.    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(08-08-2020, 01:38 PM)morini Wrote:  If Albon doesn't come good very soon then my money is on Perez.

Perez seems a very good and logical choice (again, if Vettel pushes him out of the pink car, what is likely). But, I must admit that Red Bull often surprised me these last years.
To be honest, I was surprised that Verstappen would get a seat in Torro Rosso. Not that he wasn't good enough, but he was so young. You would think they first put him in a lower formula car, or as a test driver. But, good choice from Red Bull, otherwise Mercedes would've got him (they wanted him as test driver).
Then another Verstappen surprise when he was promoted promptly mid season to Red Bull. 
Surprise again when they let Saintz go. Great driver and would be great to have last year in the Red Bull already. Yes, everyone says Verstappen and Saintz don't get along, but they were kids proving themselves back then. Will be different now I am sure. Both say they don't have a problem with eachother.
Then they kicked Kvyat out, only to take him back a bit later. 
Loosing Ricciardo was not their choice, but still I was surprised. Yes, yes, it was becoming Verstappen his team, but still.
Promoted Gasly was not so much a surprise, but I don't think it was the best choice either. 
Same goes for Albon a year later.

So, Perez would be logical but I can see then swapping Gasly and Albon once more.

Went for Hulk before today's qualifying, and after that performance I think I'll stick with it. Think he's on for the drive in Spain as well... two podiums might convince someone he's worth a punt.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Well to no great surprise I believe Albon will be in the car next season. He has not even had a full years racing in the top team yet and I cannot believe Red Bull want to start a merry go round every year for the second seat.

I do not know what you guys see in Perez that makes him a Red Bull driver. He is too old and too selfish and is not going to settle for being a number 2 driver.

IF they do replace Albon I am confident it will be Gasly again.

This isn't a what do you think they'll do, but what would you do NeilP? Would you stick with Albon or give Gasly another go, or try something different?

(08-08-2020, 03:59 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  This isn't a what do you think they'll do, but what would you do NeilP? Would you stick with Albon or give Gasly another go, or try something different?

You and I have differing opinions on Albon Jody. I think he has what it takes to be a Red Bull driver you do not.  I think he is a little low on confidence right now and to be fair this season should almost be a pass it is so screwed up.  Red Bull cannot continue to have a revolving door in their top team I think they need some stability.  Moving drivers up and down is not a good thing in my view.  Yes, with Verstappen it was an obvious move to make.

I would stick with Albon but I do agree with you that it will be either him or Gasly. Perez is a total none starter for me.  Hulkenburg would be interesting but again I just do not see him as a Red Bull driver.

The fact that Red Bull won't look at drivers outside of their young driver program is the reason they're in this mess though, and to be clear Albon is currently a mess. They should let him see out this season in my opinion, but right now, on performances... well I've said it all before. Any sane team, run by sane people would be insane not to consider Hulkenberg or Perez in my opinion. Both would be more consistent point scorers right now.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(08-08-2020, 03:19 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I do not know what you guys see in Perez that makes him a Red Bull driver. He is too old and too selfish and is not going to settle for being a number 2 driver.
(08-08-2020, 04:33 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Perez is a total none starter for me.  Hulkenburg would be interesting but again I just do not see him as a Red Bull driver.

Hi Neil

I feel that either Perez or the Hulk would help Red Bull & Max improve the car more than Albon or Gasly, though as others have said it doesn't matter what I/we think as "the Helmut" makes the Decisions.

As for Perez being selfish, aren't they all? every single one of them...

I saw Perez driving into the Hulk & Ocon rather than give up position more than once, I also didn't like it, thing is "If" he was driving for Red Bull do you think he would drive into the golden boy, in the same way once Lance turned up he realised probably best not to as it would end his career, I don't think it would be a would be a problem as I feel he couldn't match Max anyway, so would automatically become no2 as is the way in the F1 world, but as I've said I feel a more experienced driver could help the team.

I'm not hating on Albon he's a Brit & I wish him well, but as I say imo at this point a more experienced driver as I have said would Help Red Bull & Max much more than a lesser experienced driver.

Just my 5 pence worth bud. Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel