Poll: Who should Racing Point pick to partner Moneybags? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perez
83.33%
83.33%
Vettel
0%
0%
Other
16.67%
16.67%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Perez or Vettel

(09-08-2020, 08:12 PM)morini Wrote:  
(09-08-2020, 08:08 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  By the way, just saw Binotto getting back at Vettel in public. For sure that relation is over.

Really? Where did you see that Anti?

At this rate I can see Seb leaving before the season is over.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/binotto-vettel-spin-hurt-more-than-ferrari-strategy/4853467/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-1

Also an article about Toto his response to Bottas. Look at the difference.

(09-08-2020, 08:22 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Also an article about Toto his response to Bottas. Look at the difference.

Yeah, I've read both now. Binotto is right though, it was the spin that cost Vettel any chance of a result today rather than poor strategy. He can't blame that on anyone but himself (same with Dan Ric in the Renault).

The Toto article was a little more sympathetic towards VB, but he still said VB was wrong to criticise strategy. Same message really.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(09-08-2020, 08:34 PM)morini Wrote:  
(09-08-2020, 08:22 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Also an article about Toto his response to Bottas. Look at the difference.

Yeah, I've read both now. Binotto is right though, it was the spin that cost Vettel any chance of a result today rather than poor strategy. He can't blame that on anyone but himself (same with Dan Ric in the Renault).

The Toto article was a little more sympathetic towards VB, but he still said VB was wrong to criticise strategy. Same message really.

It is not so much if Binotto is right or not (of course that spin is a stupid mistake), but the way the communications are going right now is telling a lot. 
Vettel blaims his team for the bad result (and he is also right, driver and team messed up which is my point; something is not right). Does it during race, after race, etc. Vettel knows better how to act diplomatic, but he seems very emotional, not caring or believing in the relation anymore. 
Same goes for Binotto. He as well should know better how to communicate with media. Kicking his driver while he already is down... Yeah, that just as well could be the usual Ferrari behaviour that I often don't understand, but still think these are the signs of a broken relationship.

Toto and Bottas on the other hand. 
Bottas just being very dissapointed and looking for something to blame, while seems not willing to understand that maybe the other team did a good job (Hamilton had the same reaction in the car; could not believe Red Bull was beating them and questioned their tyre pressure). Tells you a lot by the way how strong and comfortable Mercedes is at the moment. Anyway, Bottas said it different to my feeling than Vettel did.
Toto talked with Bottas first before he spoke to the press. He was understanding and just explained what happened, without kicking or blaming his driver.
Different from Ferrari if you ask me.

(09-08-2020, 08:51 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(09-08-2020, 08:34 PM)morini Wrote:  

It is not so much if Binotto is right or not (of course that spin is a stupid mistake), but the way the communications are going right now is telling a lot. 
Vettel blaims his team for the bad result (and he is also right, driver and team messed up which is my point; something is not right). Does it during race, after race, etc. Vettel knows better how to act diplomatic, but he seems very emotional, not caring or believing in the relation anymore. 
Same goes for Binotto. He as well should know better how to communicate with media. Kicking his driver while he already is down... Yeah, that just as well could be the usual Ferrari behaviour that I often don't understand, but still think these are the signs of a broken relationship.

Toto and Bottas on the other hand. 
Bottas just being very dissapointed and looking for something to blame, while seems not willing to understand that maybe the other team did a good job (Hamilton had the same reaction in the car; could not believe Red Bull was beating them and questioned their tyre pressure). Tells you a lot by the way how strong and comfortable Mercedes is at the moment. Anyway, Bottas said it different to my feeling than Vettel did.
Toto talked with Bottas first before he spoke to the press. He was understanding and just explained what happened, without kicking or blaming his driver.
Different from Ferrari if you ask me.

Is this not a mirror of RBR Seb and Webber when Seb got all the upgrades and Webber got what was left and No2 driver. I can't feel sorry for someone who has been on the cruel side of this sort of thing previously.

It is the nature of the F1 beast, the team will follow the best driver or the favoured driver and basically Seb isn't handling it well as he is now in Webbers position.

He was close to the swap with DRicc and RBR before he left for Ferrari.

He also knew this sport was ruthless and none more so than the red team. His dream of following his idol Schumacher has gone so no surprises his confidence is also gone.

I agree he hasn't forgotten how to drive but he has been increasingly prone to pressure errors in recent years and is under quite a bit of pressure now.

Of the three team bosses, MB, CH, TW, I dont think it is a surprise who comes out best as a motivator.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

(09-08-2020, 10:21 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Of the three team bosses, MB, CH, TW, I dont think it is a surprise who comes out best as a motivator.

Valid points Paddy.

Regarding the team boss reponses, I did think both Binotto and Wolff presented an air they were "not impressed" with their drivers comments. As Anti said, Wolff did talk to VB before talking to the media but he still said on TV he thought VB was wrong to criticise the strategy. Must be difficult for the drivers having to talk to media so quickly after a race which has not gone well. However, I bet money Valtteri would have said something different if he had not already signed a contract for next year!

Me, I think it is fair to cut drivers some slack for what they say in the media pen. It is mostly fueled by adrenaline, disappointment or a combination of the two.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

A joke from my Italian friend about Binotto, it's NSFW but it made me chuckle:

Binotto couldn't motivate a nonce at a summer camp.

Crude joking aside, he's hardly a great motivational force is he? I mean, he can't even motivate his clothes to look smart on him. Always looks like he's just woken up from a nap.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

According to the rumour mill, Sergio Perez’s sponsors are trying to stop the Mexican losing his seat to Sebastian Vettel in 2021.

Germanys SpeedWeek are reporting that this is because Perez’s sponsors are willing to pay even more money for the Mexican to keep his seat.

However Italy’s Gazzetta dello Sport believe that Vettel has already been offered a contract with an annual salary of $15m and the four-time World Champion is expected to sign it at the end of the August at the Belgian Grand Prix weekend.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(16-08-2020, 12:40 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  However Italy’s Gazzetta dello Sport believe that Vettel has already been offered a contract with an annual salary of $15m and the four-time World Champion is expected to sign it at the end of the August at the Belgian Grand Prix weekend.

He's not worth that!

Surely that must be tied to win bonuses or something like that?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

They seemingly have big budgets at that team. If they can keep the old Mercedes stuff, it is another top team in F1.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

I put it in other thread but here seems more appropriate

PEREZ OUT END OF SEASON

https://www.skysports.com/share/12067611