2020 British GP

(05-08-2020, 08:54 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
(05-08-2020, 05:54 PM)morini Wrote:  Does somebody get paid for coming up with this crap?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...UVct6.html

Not sure what to say about that Morini but I would at least have to ask that if you:
  • get pole by beating the lap record twice in Q3, 
  • boss the race from start to finish, 
  • you finish the race as winner by several seconds after being on three wheels for half a lap
  • went down the straight on those three wheels at 142mph,
  • had the presence of mind to lock the diff etc during said drama,
Then I'm not sure what you have to do to get a 10.......

Absolutely spot on in my view Paddy!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(05-08-2020, 08:54 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Not sure what to say about that Morini but I would at least have to ask that if you:
  • you finish the race as winner by several seconds after being on three wheels for half a lap

(06-08-2020, 03:42 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Absolutely spot on in my view Paddy!

The Hamilton bit wasn't were I was coming from. The whole concept of the "driver power rankings" is stupid and why is Max only worth 5th place for the last race? He's in no mans land every weekend but he is getting the most out of what he has. Everyone from P2 down lucked into a bonus result in any case! VB didn't do an awful lot wrong either IMO. Yes, he probably pushed a little too hard in the last race, but at least he's challenging his teammate in every quali and not rolling over in the races. You can imagine what rating he would have been given if he didn't try to challenge. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There's no pleasing some people.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(06-08-2020, 08:35 AM)morini Wrote:  
(05-08-2020, 08:54 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Not sure what to say about that Morini but I would at least have to ask that if you:

(06-08-2020, 03:42 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Absolutely spot on in my view Paddy!

The Hamilton bit wasn't were I was coming from. The whole concept of the "driver power rankings" is stupid and why is Max only worth 5th place for the last race? He's in no mans land every weekend but he is getting the most out of what he has. Everyone from P2 down lucked into a bonus result in any case! VB didn't do an awful lot wrong either IMO. Yes, he probably pushed a little too hard in the last race, but at least he's challenging his teammate in every quali and not rolling over in the races. You can imagine what rating he would have been given if he didn't try to challenge. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There's no pleasing some people.

Couldn't agree more Morini and the whole thing is entirely subjective based on whether you are talking about success in the face of adversity, entertainment, sheer technical skill or a blend of all of these.

On the other side of the equation perhaps we should have a vote for categories such as "cockwomble of the day" as it would at least be entertaining compared with made up numbers like these. Helmut wouldn't be allowed as he would be more dominant than Mercedes.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

(06-08-2020, 01:19 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  On the other side of the equation perhaps we should have a vote for categories such as "cockwomble of the day" as it would at least be entertaining compared with made up numbers like these.

Helmut wouldn't be allowed as he would be more dominant than Mercedes.

PMSL    Paddy    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Cockwomble of the day would be pointless...

It'd always be Grosjean.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

A quick 5 min summary by Lollipopman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp3umEVj...e=youtu.be

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

(06-08-2020, 07:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  A quick 5 min summary by Lollipopman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp3umEVj...e=youtu.be

A better watch than the actual race Wink Especially as it skipped the laps from the second SC to a few laps before the end.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post