2020 British GP

I know it's a green track and we don't know fuel, but Mercedes only 0.5 up on RBR running soft against RBR hard. That looks interesting? Lewsi alos saying "this tyre is terrible".

Only P1 though, plenty of sandbags out.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

We'll see, but I think Merc aren't exactly showing their hand yet. We'll see how it all ends up. However, as bad as that RBR looked at Hungary, it looks as good here in Silverstone, but I still expect Merc to dominate.

Well that was a thoroughly meaningless session for this race weekend, but maybe some work for next weekend done, as it's supposed to be a lot warmer.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Mercedes is not showing their maximum for sure. I think they will dominate this year anyway but on this track for sure.
More interesting to see is if Red Bull have fixed their problem with the balance of the car. Looks better, but don't think they are already there yet.
Pink Mercedes, should be second fastest car here, although Verstappen will always hang around at the top. Wonder how Hulkenberg will show up (and to say a F1 driver with so much experience has a unlucky career, I don't know... Pretty sure thousands of people would love to have the shite career of Hulkenberg, at least I would! None of those guys in F1 cars are unlucky).
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(31-07-2020, 11:14 AM)morini Wrote:  
(31-07-2020, 11:10 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well this is a great chance for the Hulk to get his first podium methinks.
Well, start of P1 and Hulk is indeed in Perez' car. He must think it is Christmas! Big Grin

Fairy tale stuff if he manages that, be nice though and he has two chances at it. 

Yeah we were saying the same about Nico, hoping he gets his eye in & gives a good account of himself.     Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Good to see Alex Albon keeping Max honest. Faster on the first runs of P2.

Then he loses the rear on second run and bins it quite heavily. Looked like a fair impact as well.

Kiss of death Morini, he's just stuck it heavily in the wall, and Max was going quicker than Alex until Grosjean proved yet again he shouldn't be in an F1 car.

Yeah, but regardless, that RBR looks on edge. I don't think either driver has a lot of confidence in it. Complaining of understeer and then getting unpredictable snaps.

Have to say the Merc so far looks to not be liking the higher temps and wind, as per normal. We'll see how it pans out over the weekend.

(31-07-2020, 03:51 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Have to say the Merc so far looks to not be liking the higher temps and wind, as per normal. We'll see how it pans out over the weekend.

Nah, I don't think so myself. They were both in heavy traffic on the soft tyre runs and obviously got everything turned right down. They will be 1 & 2 when it matters, regardless of temperatures.