2020 British GP

This is going to be interesting how F1 will act and react.

I wish Perez a good and healthy recovery. Poor guy, this should be the time for him to shine; great car, a teammate he can beat and his contract on the line. Hope he recovers well, his health is more important of course than his contract.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Nico Hulkenberg is in the frame to make a shock Formula 1 return this weekend at Silverstone with Racing Point following Sergio Perez’s positive test for COVID-19.

Motorsport.com understands that recent Renault F1 driver Hulkenberg is Racing Point’s preferred choice to take Perez’s place for the British Grand Prix weekend, partnering Lance Stroll.

Hulkenberg previously spent five years affiliated with the Silverstone-based team under its Force India guise, racing in 2012 and 2014-2016.

Perez will also miss next weekend’s 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at Silverstone, with UK government guidelines requiring anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 to quarantine for 10 days as of Thursday.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(31-07-2020, 12:52 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  This is going to be interesting how F1 will act and react.

I wish Perez a good and healthy recovery. Poor guy, this should be the time for him to shine; great car, a teammate he can beat and his contract on the line. Hope he recovers well, his health is more important of course than his contract.

I feel really sorry for Perez as it means he misses both Silverstone rounds. I wouldn't be surprised to see the RP second fastest car here, Sergio must have been targeting a podium at this track (before he got the bug). Lets see is Lance can step up and take advantage of a great car.

(31-07-2020, 01:25 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Nico Hulkenberg is in the frame to make a shock Formula 1 return this weekend at Silverstone with Racing Point following Sergio Perez’s positive test for COVID-19.

That does surprise me. I only see it reported on PF1 and motorsport.com so may or may not be fact.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Well, start of P1 and Hulk is indeed in Perez' car. He must think it is Christmas! Big Grin

Well this is a great chance for the Hulk to get his first podium methinks.

However, that flow viz paint on Bottas' car just showed everyone how bloody good that Merc front wing is, the black paint really showed it up.

(31-07-2020, 11:10 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well this is a great chance for the Hulk to get his first podium methinks.

Fairy tale stuff if he manages that, be nice though and he has two chances at it. I wonder how fit he has kept himself?

It would be Morini, and I'd be made up if he did, he's been so unlucky throughout his career, and it'd be nice if a bit of luck went his way.

And boy does that Alfa Romeo look bad, and Giovinazzi needs to take a penalty / fine for driving that car back.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Gio should get a penalty for coming back to the pits like that. Cretin. He could have at least kept off the racing line!

[edit]

Just saw your post, clearly thinking the same thing Wink

Great minds think alike Morini... As do idiots...

I'll let other judge which we are. lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(31-07-2020, 11:37 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Great minds think alike Morini... As do idiots...

I'll let other judge which we are. lol.

Idiots, clearly!

Investigated after the session. Probably I fine I would think?