2020 British GP

Usually I would hope for wet or mixed conditions to spice up the quali and race ...but now it seems if it is damp or fully wet then barring mechanical failure or a mistake then it's Ham for the win.....if it's dry we might get a fight with Bottas...he's capable of an upset in the dry.... but not in the wet.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(27-07-2020, 07:06 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Friday a scorcher!!

Forgive me, but I will believe that when I see it! It was like bloody November here today, went and stormy.

(27-07-2020, 07:35 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Usually I would hope for wet or mixed conditions to spice up the quali and race ...but now it seems if it is damp or fully wet then barring mechanical failure or a mistake then it's Ham for the win.....if it's dry we might get a fight with Bottas...he's capable of an upset in the dry.... but not in the wet.

Can't argue with any of that.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(27-07-2020, 07:06 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Friday a scorcher!! Hopefully it will cause some disparity to how the tyres act and we get a good level of unpredictability in the race and strategy.

Just watched the weather on the news. Looks like this is going to be an accurate prediction after all. They are forecasting 34° C for London on Friday.

However, wind direction changes on Saturday (atlantic air) so the temperature will plummet. The weekend looks BAU temp wise, so those hoping Mercedes will struggle in hot temps (I'm not convinced of that anyway) will be disappointed.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

FIA clamps down on track limits abuse at Silverstone

The FIA has continued its recent clampdown on Formula 1 track limits offences with a focus on Copse and Stowe at Silverstone.

In his pre-event notes for the British GP, FIA race director Michael Masi cautioned that any driver who goes behind the black and white kerbs on the exits of Turns 9 and 15 will have their lap times deleted, whether in practice, qualifying or the race.

Multiple offences, not necessarily at the same corner, will result in a black and white flag being shown.

Masi has been getting tough with track limits in 2020, having imposed similar restrictions in both Austria and Hungary.

Masi noted: “A lap time achieved during any practice session or the race by leaving the track and cutting behind the black and white kerb on the exit of Turn 9/15, will result in that lap time being invalidated by the stewards.

“Each time any car passes behind the black and white exit kerbs, teams will be informed via the official messaging system.

“On the third occasion of a driver cutting behind the black and white exit kerbs at Turns 9 and 15 during the race, he will be shown a black and white flag, any further cutting will then be reported to the stewards. For the avoidance of doubt this means a total of three occasions combined not three at each corner.”

He added: “The above requirements will not automatically apply to any driver who is judged to have been forced off the track, each such case will be judged individually.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(30-07-2020, 01:37 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  FIA clamps down on track limits abuse at Silverstone

Good. No arguments from me!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Perez returns "inconclusive" Covid test, currently isolating.

Sergio Perez was absent from Thursday's FIA driver press conference after returning an "inconclusive Covid test result".

F1 has now confirmed Racing Point driver Perez has returned an "inconclusive Covid test result and is currently isolating, awaiting the result of his re-test".

Should the retest return a positive result, Perez would have to sit out the weekend and his participation in the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix would also be cast into doubt.

The reserve drivers for Racing Point in 2020 are Stoffel Vandoorne and Esteban Gutierrez - the drivers also on standby for both Mercedes and McLaren. 

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Hurrah for track limits. Hopefully they are quick about it should infractions occur.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Checco tests positive and is isolating. Does this mean his team "bubble" has to aswell?

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1288915685419163648

Just when RP are doing insanely well...

Got to rethink my DT aswell...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(30-07-2020, 08:40 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Checco tests positive and is isolating. Does this mean his team "bubble" has to aswell?

Got to rethink my DT aswell...

Noooooooooo   Cry

I wish him well.

Hey Hesh have you noticed our teams are identical? think I better look at mine also.

Hmm.., that's really not good. I hope it doesn't spread through the paddock and ruin the season.

I wonder how he picked it up, given they were all under a very strict regime in Hungary?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post