The f*ck you covid-19 thread

Ooohhh, a bit worrying TBH Dodgy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53449283

I hope this doesn't escalate.  Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(17-07-2020, 06:55 PM)morini Wrote:  Ooohhh, a bit worrying TBH Dodgy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53449283

I hope this doesn't escalate.  Rolleyes

I was speaking to a few Consultants today who reckon a second wave of a stronger strain is inevitable.....they also feel that we have all opened up the lockdowns too early....far too much travel and not enough mask wearing as they think it is airborne and not just touch sensitive......it will never go away while we don't respect it....was one of the Respitory experts comment.....I am now washing all clothes every night that I wear in work .....changing before I come home...phone in a zip bag all day and enough alcohol on my hands to get me pissed for a week.....and all the while Boris is talking about letting football fan's back into stadiums.....unfucking believable.....5 years before any sort of normality returns they think but only if we kill the disease outright.....I thought I had it last Monday but the Endocrinologist that checked me out told me it was the worst dehydration hangover case he had seen......I was well chuffed.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(17-07-2020, 07:29 PM)pennywise Wrote:  I was speaking to a few Consultants today who reckon a second wave of a stronger strain is inevitable.....they also feel that we have all opened up the lockdowns too early....far too much travel and not enough mask wearing as they think it is airborne and not just touch sensitive......it will never go away while we don't respect it....was one of the Respitory experts comment.....I am now washing all clothes every night that I wear in work .....changing before I come home...phone in a zip bag all day and enough alcohol on my hands to get me pissed for a week.....and all the while Boris is talking about letting football fan's back into stadiums.....unfucking believable.....5 years before any sort of normality returns they think but only if we kill the disease outright.....I thought I had it last Monday but the Endocrinologist that checked me out told me it was the worst dehydration hangover case he had seen......I was well chuffed.

Well, you work in the right industry to know all about this Ian. I really do respect what you and all your colleagues on the front line of health services do in your day to day jobs, you have my utmost respect and gratitude.

The problem is, the covid-19 crisis is obviously not over (by a long way), but there's only so much disruption the world can take before simple, practical  economics takes over. I hate to say this as it will make me come across like an uncaring capitalist git, but the world simply cannot afford to shut down a second time. If the virus gets stronger or gets a grip in a second wave then a lot more people are going to die. Sad but true.

If vaccines are not forthcoming I think it will be a simple decision between vulnerable people dying or populations revolting and resulting anarchy. The concept of "lockdown" will not work a second time. Younger people already ignore all advice.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(17-07-2020, 07:49 PM)morini Wrote:  
(17-07-2020, 07:29 PM)pennywise Wrote:  I was speaking to a few Consultants today who reckon a second wave of a stronger strain is inevitable.....they also feel that we have all opened up the lockdowns too early....far too much travel and not enough mask wearing as they think it is airborne and not just touch sensitive......it will never go away while we don't respect it....was one of the Respitory experts comment.....I am now washing all clothes every night that I wear in work .....changing before I come home...phone in a zip bag all day and enough alcohol on my hands to get me pissed for a week.....and all the while Boris is talking about letting football fan's back into stadiums.....unfucking believable.....5 years before any sort of normality returns they think but only if we kill the disease outright.....I thought I had it last Monday but the Endocrinologist that checked me out told me it was the worst dehydration hangover case he had seen......I was well chuffed.

Well, you work in the right industry to know all about this Ian. I really do respect what you and all your colleagues on the front line of health services do in your day to day jobs, you have my utmost respect and gratitude.

The problem is, the covid-19 crisis is obviously not over (by a long way), but there's only so much disruption the world can take before simple, practical  economics takes over. I hate to say this as it will make me come across like an uncaring capitalist git, but the world simply cannot afford to shut down a second time. If the virus gets stronger or gets a grip in a second wave then a lot more people are going to die. Sad but true.

If vaccines are not forthcoming I think it will be a simple decision between vulnerable people dying or populations revolting and resulting anarchy. The concept of "lockdown" will not work a second time. Younger people already ignore all advice.

I will only say this one thing......the only economy that is now thriving is China's......make up your own thoughts on that.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(17-07-2020, 07:54 PM)pennywise Wrote:  I will only say this one thing......the only economy that is now thriving is China's......make up your own thoughts on that.

Without wanting to hijack the thread but now Ian has mentioned China, did any of you guys see that drone footage a while back with all the Uighur`s getting loaded onto the trains bound for the camps?.....scary stuff!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-07-2020, 07:54 PM)pennywise Wrote:  I will only say this one thing......the only economy that is now thriving is China's......make up your own thoughts on that.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I love one of those as much as the next pissed Welshman Wink

One thing is clear though, (for those of us who have kids) I fear my two won't live out their lives in a carefree way like our generation have done (so far). I hate to say it, but a lot of the current happenings smell a bit like a long lead up to WW3.

Perhaps I'm being melodramatic? I hope I'm wrong.

(17-07-2020, 07:59 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Without wanting to hijack the thread but now Ian has mentioned China, did any of you guys see that drone footage a while back with all the Uighur`s getting loaded onto the trains bound for the camps?.....scary stuff!

I didn't. But see above, nothing surprises me in these strange days. I can't comprehend personalities like Trump and Boris Johnson being world leaders, for a start. The world must be really fucked up for the voting public to think these types of characters are a good choice for making life or death decisions.

Covid might be irrelevant. Donald may decide to just drop a nuke and put us all out of our misery.

(17-07-2020, 08:14 PM)morini Wrote:  I didn't. But see above, nothing surprises me in these strange days. I can't comprehend personalities like Trump and Boris Johnson being world leaders, for a start. The world must be really fucked up for the voting public to think these types of characters are a good choice for making life or death decisions.

Covid might be irrelevant. Donald may decide to just drop a nuke and put us all out of our misery.

Having lived through the troubles here I dont do politics, local or on a world scale....its just different levels of f*ckwittery imo, Dorris & that other orange fella prove as much, cartoon characters at best!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-07-2020, 08:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Having lived through the troubles here I dont do politics

Fair play. Fully understand. I try not to get involved myself, but sometimes it is hard not to comment.

I dislike politicians intensely. Some are honourable but the majority are out for themselves and only themselves.

SAGE told Boris Johnson last month there is no chance of returning to 'pre-Covid normality' without a vaccine or a better contact tracing system - despite PM's promise today to try and get life back to normal by Christmas.

SAGE report on June, 22 warned social distancing will be needed until jab ready.

Government scientists said Brits could forget normal life resuming until then, Contradicts Boris' promise to the nation today to resume normality by year's end.

Quote  "At all times we will be guided by the clinicians & the science" 

Lying bastards.      Angry

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post