The f*ck you covid-19 thread

(17-07-2020, 08:32 PM)morini Wrote:  I dislike politicians intensely. Some are honourable but the majority are out for themselves and only themselves.

I cant stand the f*ckers, not one of the greedy lying self serving tossers, Ive said it before & will say it again, send the b@st@rds out to clear minefields around the world and make themselves truly useful.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(17-07-2020, 08:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Lying bastards.      Angry

^^^^ This. And only this.

All of the world's governments are now going to focus on getting the world moving again rather than containing covid. There will be casualties and this virus won't disappear, but providing the world health systems can "cope with the demand" then they will just let the most vulnerable people die. Civilisation may have evolved over millions of years but at the end of the day it is still "survival of the fittest".

I would not want to be a vulnerable person in this climate.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(17-07-2020, 08:08 PM)morini Wrote:  
(17-07-2020, 07:54 PM)pennywise Wrote:  I will only say this one thing......the only economy that is now thriving is China's......make up your own thoughts on that.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I love one of those as much as the next pissed Welshman Wink

One thing is clear though, (for those of us who have kids) I fear my two won't live out their lives in a carefree way like our generation have done (so far). I hate to say it, but a lot of the current happenings smell a bit like a long lead up to WW3.

Perhaps I'm being melodramatic? I hope I'm wrong.

Ever watched "In Bruges".....WW3 is un winnable ...but Black Vrs  White war is on the cards.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(17-07-2020, 08:47 PM)morini Wrote:  
(17-07-2020, 08:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Lying bastards.      Angry

I would not want to be a vulnerable person in this climate.

Three of the four of the people I care for are in the shielding group & so are extremely vulnerable, it was always going to be a case of life v economy & as you say the vulnerable will pay the price.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(17-07-2020, 08:49 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Ever watched "In Bruges"

Brendon Gleeson's finest moment! (apart from "The Guard" which was bloody epic).

But I digress, sorry to detract from the pointless politics thread Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(17-07-2020, 08:53 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  it was always going to be a case of life v economy & as you say the vulnerable will pay the price.

We can always continue to protect those who are close to us Paps.

Our family have lost a few of our older generation over the past few years (even before this pandemic) and I only have one aged relative left now. I can bloody well guarantee you that when she eventually goes she will die happily of old age. No way will I let covid get her! If that means we have to be extra careful then that is fine by me.

Just because the government relax the rules doesn't mean it is safe out there for older / vulnerable folk.

(17-07-2020, 09:05 PM)morini Wrote:  We can always continue to protect those who are close to us Paps.

No way will I let covid get her! If that means we have to be extra careful then that is fine by me.

Just because the government relax the rules doesn't mean it is safe out there for older / vulnerable folk.

All of ^^^ this.

Yes mate we take "every" precaution, we have shopping slots, I'm so paranoid because I couldn't live with myself if I passed this on, I even wash the shopping (wearing disposable gloves) & only go out to deliver their shopping & medication, I don't give a monkeys what Borris says we are still on lockdown & be for a long while yet I recon.

On a brighter note I've learned to make bread/s, whilst it was so hard to buy flour in the supermarkets an old mate of mine brought round a 20 kilo bag of bread flour from his farm shop, got to keep finding some thing to do to keep my marbles intact & it takes my mind off this crap.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(17-07-2020, 09:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yes mate we take "every" precaution, we have shopping slots, I'm so paranoid because I couldn't live with myself if I passed this on, I even wash the shopping (wearing disposable gloves) & only go out to deliver their shopping & medication, I don't give a monkeys what Borris says we are still on lockdown & be for a long while yet I recon.

You do what you need to do in order to keep your people safe Paps. The UK government are only concerned with the economy from this point forward, so don't rely on those fuckers for any advice, guidance or help.

When I go out for my walks what I am finding recently is most people act like life is completely normal and do not care about social distance. We live by the coast and there is a "coastal path" people walk along, it is quite narrow but goes for miles. Most local people are very considerate and respect the 2m rule (i.e. they don't get too close to you and leave space when passing), but the arseholes who drive in from outside of town think it is fine to walk 4 abreast on the path so nobody can pass unless they dive into the undergrowth on the side. It isn't rocket science, just a bit of common sense and appreciation for other people who are in your vicinity. I am not the most tolerant of people (according to Mrs M) and I've found myself telling people walking towards me 4 abreast to "get a grip you muppets". They must think because they are comfortable in each others company that everyone else in the world is also fine to get close to them. Well, actually, no, fuck off, leave me some space.

If the tide is out I much prefer to walk on the beach as you can distance yourself more easily. Need to get your timing right to do that every day though.

(17-07-2020, 09:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  On a brighter note I've learned to make bread/s, 

Any "herbs" make their way into the recipe yet Paps?  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(17-07-2020, 10:39 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(17-07-2020, 09:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  On a brighter note I've learned to make bread/s, 

Any "herbs" make their way into the recipe yet Paps?  Tongue

Hehe.... funny you mention it....... cheese sarnies that "give" you the munchies  Laughing

(17-07-2020, 09:53 PM)morini Wrote:  I am not the most tolerant of people (according to Mrs M) 

I've found myself telling people walking towards me 4 abreast to "get a grip you muppets". 

Yup I hear that, I try to be a peace loving hippy but "apparently" I'm capable of being grumpy, don't see it myself.  Big Grin

Try the Forza school of social distancing, (think it was you bud) sounds like a solid plan to me.

Quote "If your close enough for a kick in the balls your standing to close"      Laughing

Thank you for what you do Ian, day after day.    Cool     

Keep safe all.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post