2020 Hungarian GP

I figured it's only humane to try and move on to the next GP for the resident Tifosi. Long range forecasts are still saying it'll be a wet qualifying again, but that the race might now be dry. Hungary like Austria is all about the qualifying sessions, but the races are rubbish. You would expect RBR and maybe McLaren to come into play. However, I can't really see past Mercedes right now though.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Lol, cheers....im trying to look on the bright side......it cant be much worse (ah sh*t, hope I havent just jinxed us)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-07-2020, 05:59 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I figured it's only humane to try and move on to the next GP for the resident Tifosi. Long range forecasts are still saying it'll be a wet qualifying again, but that the race might now be dry. Hungary like Austria is all about the qualifying sessions, but the races are rubbish. You would expect RBR and maybe McLaren to come into play. However, I can't really see past Mercedes right now though.

If it goes ahead at all. Rumours that there will be a third Austrian GP instead.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/mclaren/news/f1-may-scrap-next-weeks-hungarian-gp_406199.html
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(12-07-2020, 06:08 PM)morini Wrote:  If it goes ahead at all. Rumours that there will be a third Austrian GP instead.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/mclaren/news/f1-may-scrap-next-weeks-hungarian-gp_406199.html

I think I read earlier that plan had been scrapped....I hope so anyway!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Hungary GP memory.

Having been such a huge Mansell fan it took me time to warm to Damon, I was never sure just how good he was, that drive in the Arrows was incredible, honest I was in shock at the time, just how he could be competitive in it? sine then I've really liked this track as its one of those where the driver can make the difference.

Superb Damon.    Cool

(12-07-2020, 06:11 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(12-07-2020, 06:08 PM)morini Wrote:  If it goes ahead at all. Rumours that there will be a third Austrian GP instead.
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/m...06199.html

I think I read earlier that plan had been scrapped....I hope so anyway!

Ted said in the notebook "don't believe the rubbish about going to Hungary"

So hopefully it will go ahead.   Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So hopefully it will go ahead.   Smile

I hope so Paps. Always enjoy quali there.

And yes, I remember Damon dragging that arrows around there. Never did understand why Frank didn't give him chance to defend the title.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(12-07-2020, 06:29 PM)morini Wrote:  Never did understand why Frank didn't give him chance to defend the title.

Love all the British teams, though in a nice/polite way with Frank it was "Its *my car* that's winning" 

Giving up "our Nige"....... I was dumbstruck, I just couldn't believe it at the time.
(I know rumours about money)  

I like Frank & wish him well, its just the way he is, TBF he did make some special cars.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I had heard about the prospect of a bloody third Austrian GP, not sure I could take that if I'm honest, two was two too many for me lol, although qualifying yesterday was awesome.

A wet qualifying at Hungary next weekend would be ace, and right now it looks significantly likely. The race will probably be dry and boring as always, although there have been some interesting races there recently.

If Mercedes rock up in Hungary and blitz it, and do likewise in Silverstone I have to be honest and say I'll start losing interest. We need RBR to get in amongst them in Hungary or it could be a very bleak season ahead. Today Lewis cruised to a crushing victory.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-07-2020, 06:39 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  TBF he did make some special cars.

He certainly did. Some very special cars indeed. But it's not really fair to mention the great Williams' cars without also acknowledging Patrick Head.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Are the teams on their way to Budapest now? Anyone know? I read that Chase Carey was trying to get some exemptions for the draconian conditions imposed on the non european team personnel but can't find much about it. Going to be very difficult for the Brits if exemptions not negotiated.

I don't think any of us relish another race at the same circuit though.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post