2020 Hungarian GP

PMSL at Binotto interview. His glasses steaming up. Never mind buddy, you might not be able to see your cars struggling on track Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(17-07-2020, 01:51 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3054643

Easier than trying to explain the forecast.

But the BBC weather forecast is very rarely correct.

Will have a look later bud, watching Moto GP, trying to work out my DT, clueless at the mo lol.

(17-07-2020, 01:54 PM)morini Wrote:  
(17-07-2020, 01:51 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3054643

Easier than trying to explain the forecast.

But the BBC weather forecast is very rarely correct.

Very true..... BUT show me a correct forecast, I watch the weather on BBC tv & its nearly always different from this one on the net, think they all just guess.

Old farmer told me as a boy "wet you finger, hold it up in the air & look at the sky" this works better than any forecast I've ever seen.   Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Did I miss much in FP1?....worth watching guys?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(17-07-2020, 02:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Did I miss much in FP1?....worth watching guys?

I watched it, but my recommendation is don't bother. Same with P2 so far, nobody wants to use up any wets or inters.

Remember after Austria I said we could have wet quali and mixed conditions in the race at Hungary. That was using the long range shipping / farming weather service I have access to. It's saying qualifying is almost guaranteed to be wet and the race will have showers. Could be the only threat to Mercedes.

Bottas is out on full wets in P2. That doesn't make sense to me if quali is going to be wet? They could need all the tyres they can get if you are correct about the conditions. Sites I'm looking at are giving quite low percentage chance of "showers" tomorrow afternoon.

[edit]

Looks like Saturday rain is forecast for AM. Not sure about race day, but giving 80% chance of rain.

After my time there I can confirm if there is rain in the air it falls on the circuit. It's weird. You can see it sunny in the distance over Budapest, and it be pissing it down on you at the track. Very weird microclimate. Not as weird as Spa maybe, but certainly weird enough. Track seems to dry up really quick though when it stops raining.

Yeah currently saying 72% chance of rain the hour up to qualifying, but dipping to 50/50 during qualifying. The likelihood of showers during the race is pretty high at 68% though so that could be spicy.

Looks like it was very quiet on here today for a Friday on race weekend?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(17-07-2020, 07:17 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Looks like it was very quiet on here today for a Friday on race weekend?

Yep, certainly was :-(