2020 Hungarian GP

(15-07-2020, 07:11 PM)The Professor Wrote:  WWC? Que?

WDC - World Drivers Championship
WCC - World Constructors Championship
WWC - World Whingers Championship (Held by Red Bull Racing since forever)
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(15-07-2020, 09:51 PM)morini Wrote:  WDC - World Drivers Championship
WCC - World Constructors Championship
WWC - World Whingers Championship (Held by Red Bull Racing since forever)

Ah, I thought it was W@nkers World Championship, my bad.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Formula 1 race director Michael Masi has implemented a clampdown on track limits abuse at the Hungaroring for this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150602...mits-abuse

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Looks like Sky have Guenther Steiner as the pitwall team input this weekend. Thank f*ck for that! Not sure I could have taken a third weekend of listening to Horner whinge.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

In P1 it seems they've really cranked the "on track" sound volume up. It's great, you can barely hear the commentators!

They should do this for every session Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Loving the increased track, and reduced commentary audio feed. Plus no crowd/guests cut aways. This is the first time an official sessions bar bootlegged testing session i can enjoy the sport exclusively.

Crazy early advantage for Merc atm...

I'm wondering whether some teams/drivers are just taking it easy, running to slow deltas for testing, to give the drivers some rest as best possible. Third consecutive weekend, from the get go, nothing to full on, body is going to suffer. Surprised Lando was the only one complaining of "injuries".

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(17-07-2020, 10:40 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Crazy early advantage for Merc atm...

It's only P1. And Mercedes went out on softs in case of rain (I guess?)

Max is schlepping around on hards with full tanks, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

[edit]
Perhaps you are right Hesh. Merc eclipsing their early soft tyre laps on the medium / hard tyres. Lewis slightly quicker on Hard than VB set on mediums. They look bloody fast, to be fair.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Yeah... we can probably be comfortable in the prediction that this is a Merc one, two I'm the making right now. Look at that time from Lewis on the Hards. It's pretty ominous. The next two races will tell us all we need to know about the rest of the season... and given the regs freeze, next season as well. This is not what I wanted to see... but it is what I feared after winter testing. Ferrari set Mercedes an unrealistic bar, given they were probably cheating, and Mercedes said "challenge accepted" and then met it.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

P*ssing down for P2. Wonder if there will be any running? Isn't it supposed to be dry for quali and race?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(17-07-2020, 01:48 PM)morini Wrote:  P*ssing down for P2. Wonder if there will be any running? Isn't it supposed to be dry for quali and race?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3054643

Easier than trying to explain the forecast.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel