2020 Hungarian GP

As I understand it the teams are packing up / on their way to Hungary. The two paddock goers I know are both staying at the track in a motorhomes. Others are in designated hotels. Truth is as much as I think Hungary is run by a fascist, they're right about letting people from Britain roam around their largely Covid-19 free nation. Stick to the rules and you'll be fine.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(13-07-2020, 04:16 PM)morini Wrote:  Are the teams on their way to Budapest now? 

Well Mercedes are certainly en route.... Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-07-2020, 04:38 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  As I understand it the teams are packing up / on their way to Hungary. The two paddock goers I know are both staying at the track in a motorhomes. Others are in designated hotels. Truth is as much as I think Hungary is run by a fascist, they're right about letting people from Britain roam around their largely Covid-19 free nation. Stick to the rules and you'll be fine.

Not sure about that, I don't think that is a very fair and reasoned way of treating people. The whole F1 circus are subjected to stringent and regular covid testing. What makes a British (or American, Australian, Mexican) F1 person a higher risk to Hungary and it's population than a European F1 person? I'd actually say they are a far lower risk than a normal (non F1) European person who are subjected to far more relaxed "rules" while in Hungary.

It doesn't make sense and makes life harder for all F1 people who don't hold a European passport. Hardly fair and not very well thought through.

(13-07-2020, 04:55 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Well Mercedes are certainly en route.... Tongue

Nice photo. Looks recent.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(13-07-2020, 04:55 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(13-07-2020, 04:16 PM)morini Wrote:  Are the teams on their way to Budapest now? 

Well Mercedes are certainly en route.... Tongue

I think the one one the left is actually a Racing Point, similar to the earlier Merc model, easy mistake to make though..... Wink
[+] 5 users Like PaddyB's post

Morini exceptions are always far too hard to police at legislative level, that's why we have courts who can adjudicate on the details. Better to keep the blanket ban in place for people from high risk nation's like the UK.

(13-07-2020, 06:31 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Morini exceptions are always far too hard to police at legislative level, that's why we have courts who can adjudicate on the details. Better to keep the blanket ban in place for people from high risk nation's like the UK.

Then Hungary should not host a F1 race this year. It really is as simple as that. All F1 teams and team personnel should be treated fairly and equally or the event should not be allowed to go ahead at all. If they want to impose different rules for European and non European people then don't host a F1 race.

I don't agree that exceptions are hard to police either. The UK Silverstone events were initially at risk of not happening at all because of the (at that time) UK 14 day quarantine policy for all people entering the country. However, the UK government saw sense and made an exception for F1 teams and personnel so they would not be asked to quarantine (i.e. Boris did something right for a change). The rules around quarantine have changed again since that announcement as the whole situation is in a constant state of flux, but the principle still holds.

The premise that the UK is a "higher risk" than any other European country is a complete nonsense anyway.

(13-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  I think the one one the left is actually a Racing Point, similar to the earlier Merc model, easy mistake to make though..... Wink

Full marks Paddy, comment of the day award!

(13-07-2020, 04:16 PM)morini Wrote:  I don't think any of us relish another race at the same circuit though.

Seen this on twatter from one of Carlos Sainz mechanics...

Giuseppe Marciante:
Home/prison for the week looking forward to my day off in here tomorrow should have done a 3rd week in Austria!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-07-2020, 07:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Seen this on twatter from one of Carlos Sainz mechanics...

Giuseppe Marciante:

It could be worse, it looks like he brought a liquid buddy with him Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Toto taking covid protection very seriously....     Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post