2020 Styrian GP

A little nearer the time so the forecast for the race weekend:

Early weather forecasts for this weekend indicated that following a dry Austrian Grand Prix, F1 teams could expect quite a lot of a rain over the next three days. Those forecasts have been revised somewhat, but rain could still play a role in shaping how the Styrian Grand Prix unfolds.

Friday’s weather conditions are likely to be highly unrepresentative of what is to follow. Interestingly two teams – Williams and Alfa Romeo – have already indicated they will use the opportunity to run test drivers in their cars.

The two 90-minute practice sessions should see very warm conditions, comparable to Sunday’s race, with air temperatures nudging close to 30C.

This will change dramatically on Saturday when heavy cloud cover is expected at the track and much cooler air. The risk of rain is very high, though not quite the near-certainty early forecasts indicated. Final practice may dodge the rainfall, but as things stand there is a strong possibility qualifying will be wet.

Sunday is expected to remain dry and will clear up as the day goes on. However temperatures will remain much the same as Saturday, and considerably cooler than Friday, potentially not even reaching as high as 20C.

Hopefully we will see more cars finish the race.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Jack Aitken (Williams) & Robert Kubica (Alfa Romeo) will take part in FP1

Ferrari and Mercedes are set to be warned by the FIA about ensuring they strictly follow Formula 1's coronavirus protocols, after Charles Leclerc and Valtteri Bottas returned to Monaco following the Austrian GP.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah, I saw Bottas and Leclerc both ignored the rules. They should both technically not be allowed back in the paddock. However, I knew they would be.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

So, the glaring issue with these back to back events at the same circuit is the teams don't really want or need to run in the P sessions.  The cars are already dialled in, so why would they want the engine mileage?

They are saying on the TV that tomorrow may be a complete wash out.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(10-07-2020, 09:00 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, I saw Bottas and Leclerc both ignored the rules. They should both technically not be allowed back in the paddock. However, I knew they would be.

Apparently they didn't break any rules. As PDR said though, not a very team spirited thing to do when all your colleagues are staying for the week.

(10-07-2020, 10:15 AM)morini Wrote:  So, the glaring issue with these back to back events at the same circuit is the teams don't really want or need to run in the P sessions.  The cars are already dialled in, so why would they want the engine mileage?

They are saying on the TV that tomorrow may be a complete wash out.

So, I posted that quite early in P1. They actually did quite a few laps in the end.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(10-07-2020, 11:37 AM)morini Wrote:  
(10-07-2020, 09:00 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, I saw Bottas and Leclerc both ignored the rules. They should both technically not be allowed back in the paddock. However, I knew they would be.

Apparently they didn't break any rules.

As PDR said though, not a very team spirited thing to do when all your colleagues are staying for the week.

1st rule of the playground "stick by your mates"    Dodgy

https://www.bing.com/search?q=spielberg+...=QBRE&sp=2

Weekends weather.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Rules is rules, just like last week. Feel sorry for Lando though.

I can't believe they are saying this P2 session could be quali. Is it predicted to be *that* wet that they can't go out and qualify on the wets / inters? If it is diveable then they should do the wet quali session IMO.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

What? Really. Oh come on people. It's FP1. Jesus. The stewards are crap.

FP2 could definitely set the grid with the rain forecast for tomorrow, which sucks. Give us a wet quali.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Why do Sky give this Horner f*cknugget so much air time? My TV is at high risk of breakage from flying coffee mugs.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post