2020 Austrian GP

A week to go, but I had to start a race thread as we've all waited far too long to see some F1 cars in action this year.

Hopefully it might tempt a few of our dormant members out of hibernation  Smile
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Watching France 2019 practice and qually today, certainly got me hyped. Booked Friday off to watch it all!

Two races here, going to be fascinating really. Heres hoping its damn close between teams so that weekend two isnt copy and paste.
How teams react to what was learnt after the first race, and how well that data is applied to the second weekend will be very interesting to follow.
How much of a time gain will be found (should weather be stable) for the second weekend, will it be a lot, little, none, another first that is building intrigue.

Shoutout to Fantasy team players, be sure to get your teams sorted before cut off at start of qualifying.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo

7 days to go...... listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise, bring it on.     Winkblink      Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

According to Amus: modifications to the track in turn 9, 10. Induction loops instead of sausage curbs to prevent front wing damage.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(30-06-2020, 06:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  According to Amus: modifications to the track in turn 9, 10. Induction loops instead of sausage curbs to prevent front wing damage.

Ah yes, of course, I forgot it's Austria where all the drivers invent their own racetrack. Hopefully the induction loops will stop most of the pisstaking.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Amus: Red Bull has already announced an official protest to the FIA to have the legality checked in case Mercedes uses DAS in Spielberg. It is questionable whether Formula 1 wants to afford such negative headlines at the ceremonial restart.

New look cabins replace motorhomes

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(01-07-2020, 02:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Amus: Red Bull has already announced an official protest to the FIA to have the legality checked in case Mercedes uses DAS in Spielberg.

It is questionable whether Formula 1 wants to afford such negative headlines at the ceremonial restart.

I thought this was deemed legal for this year but banned for next year?  did I miss a meeting?    Confused

Easy solution > Ban Red Bull for such negative headlines.   Tongue    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(01-07-2020, 02:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   did I miss a meeting?    

No, last I read FIA had gave Merc the all clear.....but RBR still not happy

(01-07-2020, 02:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(01-07-2020, 02:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Amus: Red Bull has already announced an official protest to the FIA to have the legality checked in case Mercedes uses DAS in Spielberg.

It is questionable whether Formula 1 wants to afford such negative headlines at the ceremonial restart.

I thought this was deemed legal for this year but banned for next year?  did I miss a meeting?    Confused

Easy solution > Ban Red Bull for such negative headlines.   Tongue    Laughing

I agree with Papa on this one. It's been deemed legal by the FIA already for this year so RBR just have to suck it up and STFU. They are just trying to destabilise Mercedes and if I were running Merc I would stick two fingers up and race with it anyway. The irony of this whinging is hard to stomach coming from that pair of bell ends.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

F1 wouldnt be F1 without a good bitchfest every now & then Wink