2020 Austrian GP

Williams (albert fabrega)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(02-07-2020, 02:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams (albert fabrega)

New compound of pirelli tyre?  Smile
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(02-07-2020, 02:43 PM)morini Wrote:  

New compound of pirelli tyre?  Smile

Alien technology mate, all they need now is hyper drive & warp speed. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(02-07-2020, 01:38 PM)bonspy Wrote:  
(27-06-2020, 06:09 PM)Great choice of music! I have trouble thinking about how long ago that album came out, just prior to my going into the military. I listened to a cassette of it over headphones on the bus to the base. Fleetwood Mac and Rod Stewart were the soundtrack to the beginning of my military career and I do not believe I could have picked better music to begin my new life. I had no idea that life would have included going off to fight a war though.I much prefer now, being retired, being home with my wife and watching Formula 1 racing. It is also hard to believe that I began watching F1 while in primary school.Monster Hesh Wrote:  Watching France 2019 practice and qually today, certainly got me hyped. Booked Friday off to watch it all!

Two races here, going to be fascinating really. Heres hoping its damn close between teams so that weekend two isnt copy and paste.
How teams react to what was learnt after the first race, and how well that data is applied to the second weekend will be very interesting to follow.
How much of a time gain will be found (should weather be stable) for the second weekend, will it be a lot, little, none, another first that is building intrigue.

Shoutout to Fantasy team players, be sure to get your teams sorted before cut off at start of qualifying.

I hope this is in the right space this time!
So, let's see if I got this right? It figures the "tech guy" can't type on an F1 Forum and the only F1 Forum that I have ever seen worth a d@mn. I mean, here, the jokes are funny and people seem to be "real", instead of the usual assortment of guys who should have been the next F1 driving phenom except for the money. If everyone of those guys were really F1 driving phenoms I'm not sure who would be around to watch a race.
Thanks for the welcome!

(01-07-2020, 06:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I understand it has to be.....but wouldnt fancy this test every 5 days (or whatever it is).....guessing Perez feels the same

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278352230358437891

Wow, that reminds me of a test I had to have when the neurologists were trying to figure out why I have an intractable migraine. They have these electro-leads that they place in what's called your "nasopharyngeal" space, which is the sinus area right up next to your brain. I had to have the bloody things stuck there for 12 hours, which was not a lot of fun. It looks like that's where they were putting the probe on Sergio. I tried to save myself from having the stupid tests, but the VA has RULES. If you think the FIA is bad, try the VA, LOL!
Regardless, I still wouldn't want to have the Sergio tests done every 2 weeks. Then again, if I got paid what Checo gets paid and got to race F1 cars too, I think I could deal with the tests every couple of weeks. Make sense?

(02-07-2020, 01:45 PM)morini Wrote:  Hi Bonspy, welcome!

Nice to see another member form the other side of the pond. I read your bio, very interesting! I can see you are having a little trouble replying to posts as your replies seem to be in the wrong place. I will try to tidy that up for you if I can.

To reply to a post if you put your cursor below the box that the quoted text appears in then it will format correctly. I can send some pictures to help if needed.

Thanks for the welcomes! I do appreciate it!
I do believe I finally have gotten something as simple as this seems to be right. Now just wait til one of oyu tell me that I have screwed the pooch again!

Does someone actually know why they have what appears to be aluminum foil on the Pirellis? Trying not to pick up carpet lint and dirt or...? It looks quite silly, to be honest.

(02-07-2020, 01:45 PM)morini Wrote:  Hi Bonspy, welcome!

Nice to see another member form the other side of the pond. I read your bio, very interesting! I can see you are having a little trouble replying to posts as your replies seem to be in the wrong place. I will try to tidy that up for you if I can.

To reply to a post if you put your cursor below the box that the quoted text appears in then it will format correctly. I can send some pictures to help if needed.

By the way, where did you find that quote. I have a lot of Senna material, but that one escaped me. It's downright funny to think of Nigel Mansell with his wrapped around Ayrton Senna's throat. I understand why Nigel would do that but... LOL!

“There are only three sports—car racing, mountain climbing and bullfighting..."
Hemingway
[+] 2 users Like bonspy's post

(02-07-2020, 04:18 PM)bonspy Wrote:  By the way, where did you find that quote. I have a lot of Senna material, but that one escaped me. It's downright funny to think of Nigel Mansell with his wrapped around Ayrton Senna's throat. I understand why Nigel would do that but... LOL!

Hiya bonspy   Smile

https://wtf1.com/post/the-time-mansell-a...ad-at-spa/

I idolised Senna & "our Nige" & still do to this day, here is a link explaining what happened.

Was Senna being too stubborn in trying to defend a position he’d already lost, or did Mansell fail to leave enough room on the inside? Either way Senna was out, and after getting going again, Mansell eventually had to retire as a result of damage from the crash.
Back in the pits, a disgruntled Nigel went to visit the Lotus garage and years later described exactly what had gone down.

Quote:“I went over to him, grabbed him by the overalls and pushed him up against the wall. He wore loose overalls in those days and I pulled the zip up beyond his chin to just below his nose. ‘Next time you do that,’ I said, ‘You’re going to have to do a much better job.’”

Apparently, Senna then threw a few punches back at the Brit, and that was that. No post-race penalties, no jabbering about it. 

Well, apart from this brilliant quote from Ayrton:

Quote:"When a man holds you round the throat, I do not think that he has come to apologise.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

And ......., we're back!

Anyone else watching P1 live this morning?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Yeah I'm watching Morini. Can't help but think the first three races have to favour RBR and Max. Great opportunity for them.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(03-07-2020, 10:00 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah I'm watching Morini. Can't help but think the first three races have to favour RBR and Max. Great opportunity for them.

Looks weird with empty grandstands.

I'll reserve judgement on who's strongest until hungary, but I'd be surprised if Mercedes aren't up there.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Oh God, Merc'll be there mate, they always are. But the Red Bull Ring isn't a happy hunting ground.

And yeah, it's weird with no fans, but this year has been weird.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Great to have the cars back on track, comms team not so much!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post