It's not over yet snake!!!

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/20...statement/

So everyone not a Ferrari powered team is not happy. As I understood it the teams have been informed of findings, or that's what the FIA intimated at the time, yet this statement seems to contradict that. Renault, Honda and Mercedes and all the teams are basically saying nope, this isn't on. I think the FIA are on shakey ground after the detailed findings they've published against RBR, McLaren, Benetton, Renault and yes Mercedes in the past. The difference being that obviously Ferrari "got away" with something for over a season, and now the FIA is not willing to publicly say what. Probably because the infraction should or could see Ferrari removed from the standings. I think the FIA will need to play this very carefully, I understand them wanting to keep it hush, hush... but if the other teams push it they'll lose if this goes to the international sport arbitration panel, because they've always made findings public before.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

I agree fully with these teams. Like I already stated in another thread on this forum, I think Ferrari did something wrong (therefor a settlement) and FIA messed up by keeping it private.
Hope this dossier gets open and public, for the sake of the sport. Ferrari probably cheated (and Leclerc might loose his first winnings), but who likes a cheater anyway?
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Oh yeah, a Gate is on the horizon!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

What I found interesting was some of the team principles who have essentially said "the FIA didn't offer us any private settlements", Cyril bemoaning Renault's pre-sets, whic Charlie Whiting Ok'ed, Horner funny Ng about the technical details the FIA exposed about their blown diffuser, which was LEGAL, and Toto mentioning FRIC and the details they were forced to hand over to other teams. It really does smell fishy.

The FIA has responded to the seven F1 teams who have challenged their handling of the Ferrari engine case.

The seven teams who do not run Ferrari engines issued a joint statement expressing on Wednesday their 'surprise and shock' at the FIA's decision to enter into a private settlement with the Scuderia after long-running investigations into their power unit.

The FIA has now issued a statement clarifying that move - and insisted it was fully within its rights to follow that course of action.

"The FIA has conducted detailed technical analysis on the Scuderia Ferrari Power Unit as it is entitled to do for any competitor in the FIA Formula One World Championship," read a statement.

"The extensive and thorough investigations undertaken during the 2019 season raised suspicions that the Scuderia Ferrari PU could be considered as not operating within the limits of the FIA regulations at all times.

"The Scuderia Ferrari firmly opposed the suspicions and reiterated that its PU always operated in compliance with the regulations.

The FIA was not fully satisfied but decided that further action would not necessarily result in a conclusive case due to the complexity of the matter and the material impossibility to provide the unequivocal evidence of a breach.

"To avoid the negative consequences that a long litigation would entail especially in light of the uncertainty of the outcome of such litigations and in the best interest of the Championship and of its stakeholders, the FIA, in compliance with Article 4 (ii) of its Judicial and Disciplinary Rules (JDR), decided to enter into an effective and dissuasive settlement agreement with Ferrari to terminate the proceedings.

"This type of agreement is a legal tool recognised as an essential component of any disciplinary system and is used by many public authorities and other sport federations in the handling of disputes."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Yeah, that statement read like "yeah we found evidence their PU could cheat, but we never actually caught them cheating so we weren't entirely sure if we took the to court we'd get a conviction." So the teams are right to want to see the evidence that is their, because they might want to take it further, some of them have potentially lost tens of millions of pounds.

Mercedes are no longer among the group of seven Formula 1 teams protesting the FIA’s confidential settlement with Ferrari, after the parent companies of both teams reached an agreement to protect their collaborations in the road-car business.

The agreement, which Racefans is reporting was reached between Daimler chairman Ola Kallenius and Fiat-Chrysler chairman John Elkann in order to further their cooperation on autonomous car development, has seen Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff remove his team’s name from those opposed to the FIA’s controversial handling of Ferrari’s alleged fuel-flow breaches in the 2019 season.

In so doing, Mercedes and Wolff have been made to perform a remarkable backflip, considering Wolff initially led the calls for the FIA to provide further clarification.

Unsurprisingly, the other six teams are upset with the Silver Arrows’ reversal, but intend to push ahead with their protest due to concerns that the FIA’s inability to enforce its fuel-flow regulations is indicative of a governing body that would have a similarly hard time policing the cost-cap set to be implemented from the 2021 F1 season.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Why do you think Mercedes backed down from this protest?

Hi!
[+] 2 users Like Brunnell's post

(26-03-2020, 03:12 PM)Brunnell Wrote:  Why do you think Mercedes backed down from this protest?

FIA backhander?

Perhaps Toto decided life was too short given all the turmoil caused by this covid-19 crap?

Welcome Brunnell, nice to see some new blood on here.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Hi Brunnell, I read this at the time:

Insiders have revealed Ola Kallenius, chairman of Mercedes owner Daimler, intervened following discussions with Fiat Chrysler and Ferrari chairman John Elkann. At Kallenius’s request, Mercedes F1 CEO and team principal Toto Wolff began moves to pull the team’s support for the collective action.

An Italian source says that agreement was then struck between Kallenius and Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri due to the “bigger picture”. Daimler, BMW and Fiat are believed to be cooperating on autonomous car technologies, while Elkann was concerned that the mud-flinging was damaging Formula 1’s image.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post