RP20 Vs W10

(17-07-2020, 07:12 PM)morini Wrote:  If there's one thing which pushes my buttons it's moaning. 

Lol, try being a red fan this past years, every **** and their granny was pointing the finger at us (rightly or wrongly)....all part of the sport unfortunately.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-07-2020, 07:23 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(17-07-2020, 07:12 PM)morini Wrote:  If there's one thing which pushes my buttons it's moaning. 

Lol, try being a red fan this past years, every **** and their granny was pointing the finger at us (rightly or wrongly)....all part of the sport unfortunately.

Well I didn't you cheating Italian oil burning ,engine fiddling, sneaky bastards.....to be fair.
[+] 5 users Like pennywise's post

(17-07-2020, 07:23 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lol, try being a red fan this past years, every **** and their granny was pointing the finger at us (rightly or wrongly)....all part of the sport unfortunately.

Well, in fairness there's not a lot of point in whining about Ferrari cheating (and I'm not saying they did, I don't have enough info to make a concrete decision on that) when they are winning fuck all anyway!

Laughing

<this is genuinely meant in jest fella, just in case it sounds like it isn't>
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Amus: New controversy in the paddock. Due to a loophole in the homologation rules Racing Point might be allowed to upgrade next years car with Mercedes 2020 gearbox & suspension without having to spend any tokens.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

You know if the parts are available to all teams so what who cares. I mean I do not see Ferrari buying Mercedes gear box but as long as in theory it is possible to do so what is the difference.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Anybody heard anything on a FIA ruling on the RP brake ducts? I'm pretty sure I heard there would be a decision between the Silverstone events (actually, it is quite possible I imagined that).

Anyway, I can't see anything in the usual places, wondered if anyone had inside knowledge? Fed up of seeing the "provisional depending on outcome of FIA investigation" at the bottom of the standings on f1.com site.

Hey M, I read the hearing was scheduled for today with all representatives ordered to attend.

(05-08-2020, 10:40 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Hey M, I read the hearing was scheduled for today with all representatives ordered to attend.

Ah, right. I didn't imagine it then. Never can tell with my memory these days.

Me, I hope they find in favour of RP, it's bloody unsporting whingeing about copying in F1. They all do it or have done it in the past. Besides, I've read more recently that RP bought the brake ducts (legally) off Mercedes last year anyway. Why wouldn't they use that as the basis of this years design? Nothing to stop them taking them apart and creating their own drawings from them. Renault have gone down (further) in my opinion rankings over this one Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

‘Former Racing Point employee tipped off Renault’    (Planet F1)

Renault’s protests against Racing Point will be heard on Wednesday with an “ex-Racing Point employee” said to be the whistleblower.

Racing Point is adamant the car is legal, saying they have some 800 pages to prove that.

Renault insist it is not and claim Racing Point “received” drawings from Mercedes, prompting the Enstone team to protest the RP20 on not one but three occasions.

Renault has specifically protested the RP20’s brake ducts, which a team could buy in 2019 but as of this year had to design themselves.

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Renault were informed about the ducts by a former Racing Point employee who moved over to Renault in the off-season.

‘In the paddock, it is said that Renault received a tip from an ex-Racing Point employee. They changed camp in winter,’ read the report.

That whistleblower, though, is likely to only feature at the very end of the saga when, as many expect, the matter goes before the Court of Appeals.

‘If they exist, they will likely only play the key witnesses before an Appeals court with a civil judge,’ added the report.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Anyone have any updates on this hearing which took place yesterday?

I don't see anything.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post