2020 Australian GP - event cancelled

Just renewed my SKY F1 package, was thinking of using the "now tv" weekend pass with so much uncertainty about races, but only £15 (per month) with Virgin instead of £30 last year, happy days.

So *the quest for seven* begins, come on Lewis!!!    Wink Big Grin

May the best man win. Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Gave you a "like" for your first sentence & last one Paps......now if only I could give you a thumbs down for that middle bit Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-03-2020, 04:49 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Gave you a "like" for your first sentence & last one Paps......now if only I could give you a thumbs down for that middle bit Wink

Pretty sure I knew what you would think as I was typing Haha  Wink 

Cant wait now, only a few days until FP1   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

AMuS: Red Bull has questioned the legality of Mercedes' rear brake ducts. FIA reacted by sending out a new Technical Directive (TD 014/20) to clarify what's allowed. It forces Mercedes to make modifications to avoid trouble at Melbourne.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

And the crying continues even before a wheel is turned in anger....

Helmut Marko: "For us, the DAS system isn't according to the rules. So we will protest if Mercedes uses the system in Melbourne."

Renault is preparing a protest against Racing Point using so many Mercedes parts & systems. "Mercedes customer Racing Point copied the Mercedes from 2019 more than allowed. Background: Certain parts may be bought and used by other teams. Copying aerodynamic parts 1: 1 is forbidden. But that is exactly what the team of the Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll did"

I personally think the F1 WDC and WCC should be decided by the lawyers. That'd be far more fun. We could watch months and months of tedio... sorry, exhilarating court room battles over the technical meaning of the word "twat" and whether or not it applies to Helmut Marko. Bring back Arrivabene, I miss his insults towards Marko. It's utterly stupid.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(09-03-2020, 04:49 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Gave you a "like" for your first sentence & last one Paps......now if only I could give you a thumbs down for that middle bit Wink

I guess you have to keep up appearances Forza.

Private message:  I sent your personalized Lewis Hamilton pillow cover off yesterday should be with you soon!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Also apparently the rear brake duct isn't necessarily a brake duct. There's a spilt inside the "well" and Mercedes, and Ferrari who have something similar apparently aren't saying what it is for... my guess is it's aero component for rear stability. Fun and games hey.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

CEO of Victoria Tourism says that as they are "already reeling under the weight of bushfires and now the coronavirus, we can hardly afford either the reputational or economic damage that would come from a cancelled or downscaled Grand Prix."

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Just been reading 2 Haas, 1 Mclaren, 1 Williams and unknown number of Ferrari and Alpha Tauri staff have been tested for the virus after showing signs of cold like symptoms.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post