Wow, what a lap Valterri!!

Wasn't expecting that one. Respect!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(25-11-2017, 03:01 PM)morini Wrote:  Wasn't expecting that one. Respect!

Bottas has been a quick one lap driver throughout his career, I actually expected him to pose more of a threat to Lewis than he has this season, so on the one hand I'm not surprised he's able to pull these laps out of the bag, but given his second half of the season and how off the pace he was in FP1, 2 and 3 it is a surprise. I hope he's managed to dial the tyre deg he had on the race sims out of his car, otherwise he'll be a sitting duck not only to Lewis, but Vettel and Ricciardo too.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(25-11-2017, 03:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Bottas has been a quick one lap driver throughout his career, I actually expected him to pose more of a threat to Lewis than he has this season, so on the one hand I'm not surprised he's able to pull these laps out of the bag, but given his second half of the season and how off the pace he was in FP1, 2 and 3 it is a surprise. I hope he's managed to dial the tyre deg he had on the race sims out of his car, otherwise he'll be a sitting duck not only to Lewis, but Vettel and Ricciardo too.

I'm not really expecting him to win, but to beat Hamilton in a fair quali fight is a great achievement. Hamilton was up for much of that last lap but blew it in the final corner. Mighty lap from VB though, credit where credits due.

Bottas does not lack speed in qualifying, he lacks that race instinct in the race.
I would not be suprised if Hamilton or Vettel do the same thing to Bottas as Vettel did last race.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(25-11-2017, 03:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
(25-11-2017, 03:01 PM)morini Wrote:  Wasn't expecting that one. Respect!

Bottas has been a quick one lap driver throughout his career, I actually expected him to pose more of a threat to Lewis than he has this season, so on the one hand I'm not surprised he's able to pull these laps out of the bag, but given his second half of the season and how off the pace he was in FP1, 2 and 3 it is a surprise. I hope he's managed to dial the tyre deg he had on the race sims out of his car, otherwise he'll be a sitting duck not only to Lewis, but Vettel and Ricciardo too.
And in other Quali news:

Stroll, Q1 - "ahh that was everything" - worrying,  I feel for the lad, as he was convincingly out qualified by the old dog Massa - also Massa must have had quite the smile on his face to knock Fernando out for one last time, should be feisty between them on track tomorrow again :Smile also a great showing form the Hulk to put some clear distance between himself and Sainz

and I see the ghost of Senna has come back to give Prost one last bloody nose - haha  Big Grin

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Well, I was wrong. Brilliant drive VB! Where was that speed and composure earlier in the season?

(26-11-2017, 03:45 PM)morini Wrote:  Well, I was wrong. Brilliant drive VB! Where was that speed and composure earlier in the season?

Indeed, the boy done good!
Just hope he can carry this pace and performance into next year and stay consistent.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Missed the race today.
Worth watching full replay, or wait for the highlights compilation?

(26-11-2017, 04:27 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Missed the race today.

Watch it on fast forward. It was very, very dull. Pleased VB bounced back though, he has shown on occasion he has the speed, he just needs some consistency.

(26-11-2017, 04:31 PM)morini Wrote:  
(26-11-2017, 04:27 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Missed the race today.

Watch it on fast forward. It was very, very dull. Pleased VB bounced back though, he has shown on occasion he has the speed, he just needs some consistency.

That was indeed a dull race.
Maybe the most boring one of the season?
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post