Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

MotoGP 2020 General Discussion

Such a terrible way to bring in the new year/season, Gary McLaren,a former Suzuki data acquisition engineer for 11 years most recently working for IRTA has passed away following an accident while on holiday in Pattaya, Thai police are reporting Gary had been trying to light a large firework when it exploded fatally injuring the Briton.

RIP Gary

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Blimey, 2020 already fairing no better than 2019...

I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Valentino Rossi admits he would be open to a move to satellite Yamaha MotoGP squad Petronas SRT if it meant he could prolong his top-line career.
Yamaha faces a potentially tough decision with regards to its factory line-up in 2021 as last year's standout rookie Fabio Quartararo eyes a promotion to the works squad, where Rossi is currently paired with Maverick Vinales.

Ducati has made little secret of its interest in poaching Vinales, while Quartararo is also sure to be hot property on the rider market in the early part of the 2020 campaign.
It's widely accepted that Rossi will always have a place within Yamaha as long as he wants one, but for the first time the Italian has admitted he could consider swapping places with Quartararo and ride a satellite M1 in 2021, should he decide not to retire after 2020.
"I don't see all that much difference to go to Petronas," said Rossi in a recent interview with Gazzetta dello Sport. "I would prefer to stay where I am, but we are three riders for two places, so you have to think of a third [place].
"And for me, even if it's Petronas, it doesn't seem like such a bad team. But maybe Vinales will go, or Quartararo changes bike, who knows."
He added: "I will need some time to understand, around mid-season. I'll talk to [team boss Lin] Jarvis and Yamaha to see what they think.
"Unfortunately, in today's MotoGP, everything is decided at the beginning of the year."

Rossi said during last month's Gulf 12 Hours that it would be "better not to renew" his contract unless his results improved in the early part of 2020.
But he said that he felt privileged that he has essentially been granted the power to decide when to call time on his career and not risk being pushed out.
"Yamaha says it doesn't feel like a hostage, it believes in my competitiveness," he underlined. "This is important. It is a great honour and also a great luxury for a rider to quit when he decides. They usually leave you stranded."

Outlining his main hope for the 2020-spec Yamaha, the seven-time premier class champion said: “I would like an M1 that goes 10 km/h faster in a straight line, like the Honda and the Ducati. But I know it will be difficult."
(motorsport.com)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Anyone read anything regarding Iannone`s `B` test sample?....the hearing was scheduled for today, cant imagine anything other than a complete ban & career over... even if he ingested the banned substance accidentally.

(07-01-2020, 06:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Anyone read anything regarding Iannone`s `B` test sample?....the hearing was scheduled for today, cant imagine anything other than a complete ban & career over... even if he ingested the banned substance accidentally.

Bloody hell you have a good memory bud, memory's not a strong point for me. Tongue

From what I've read it wasn't recreational, really surprised as I thought young bloke party lifestyle, but from what I read it was on the banned substance list.

Soz not heard a thing.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel  
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(07-01-2020, 09:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Bloody hell you have a good memory bud, memory's not a strong point for me. Tongue

From what I've read it wasn't recreational, really surprised as I thought young bloke party lifestyle, but from what I read it was on the banned substance list.

Soz not heard a thing.

The last I read Andrea was still sticking with the "must have been some dodgy meat I ate while staying in Sepang for several weeks" route, and Aprillia are still banking on Iannone being at the first test (surprisingly) with either Abraham or Bradley on standby should the appeal not be upheld.....either way I still maintain its down to his own brand aftershave or all that bloody botox he has been getting of late  Tongue

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/01/08/moto...otogp.html

(08-01-2020, 11:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/01/08/moto...otogp.html

Surprised they don't earn more tbh, F1 top boys wages would be interesting.

David Emmett@motomatters: Andrea Iannone's B sample has been found positive. Looks like he won't be at the Sepang test.
His lawyer said drostanolone was present in very small quantities, claiming contamination. Next steps are appeal to the CDI and then the TAS.

crash.net: MotoGP: Iannone B sample 'positive, but quantity small'

Provisionally suspended by the FIM after failing an anti-doping test at the Malaysian MotoGP round on November 3, Andrea Iannone's B sample is also reported to have now tested positive.

However La Gazzetta dello Sport states that the amount of the prohibited substance found, again said to be an Exogenous Anabolic Androgenic Steroid called drostanolone, was so small that unwitting consumption via contaminated meat in Asia is seen as a possible explanation by Iannone's lawyer Antonio De Rensis.

Since drostanolone is commonly used as a bodybuilding drug it is seen as being of little obvious benefit in the 'lean' world of MotoGP.

"The counteranalysis should attest to the presence of metabolites equal to 1,150 nanograms per millilitre, a small quantity, considering also that the rider had been in Asia for over a month and that the test, performed immediately after the GP, was relative to a urine sample very dense, equal to 1.024, due to strong dehydration after the race," Gazzetta quotes Iannone's lawyer as saying.

The scenario of unwitting consumption of trace amounts could now form a key part of Iannone's defence, as he seeks to return to the track as soon as possible.
Nonetheless, the positive B sample verdict diminishes the chances of a quick resolution. Instead, Iannone and his lawyers must now prepare to argue his case during a disciplinary hearing, after which a verdict will be issued within 45 days.

As such, even the best-case scenario suggests Iannone will miss the two pre-season tests in February and would require a lenient sentence to make the opening round in Qatar on March 6-8.

Aprilia test rider Bradley Smith is tipped as a likely replacement for Iannone, should he be forced to miss any grands prix.

(09-01-2020, 12:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Since drostanolone is commonly used as a bodybuilding drug it is seen as being of little obvious benefit in the 'lean' world of MotoGP.

Doesn't make much sense does it bulking up for Moto GP? Performance enhancing?   Shutup

Sounds almost as daft as Ross Rebagliati the Canadian Olympic snowboarder banned for using Performance enhancing weed...…..?   Dodgy