Thread Closed

Slow news month

(28-01-2020, 03:42 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Epic, gonna test who has the *Minerals* Bomb

er....sorry about that, pic has now been removed....turns out insideracing.com got their pics mixed up and that wasnt Zandvoort at all lol.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

[Image: 1024x576a.jpg]
Could not find the video of the Bulls on the beach, so here is a pic untill the official promotion from Red Bull comes out.
How much fun would that be, drifting on the beach with a F1 V8.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Fernando Alonso feels Lewis Hamilton has "weak points" in Formula 1 "that have not been stressed yet", as the double world champion eyes a grand prix racing return in 2021.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons...s/4677955/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(29-01-2020, 11:51 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Fernando Alonso feels Lewis Hamilton has "weak points" in Formula 1 "that have not been stressed yet", as the double world champion eyes a grand prix racing return in 2021.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons...s/4677955/

Clickbait.

Read it on other tacky F1 sites earlier (no idea why these come up on my phones newsfeed, I only go there to laugh at the posters). Quality of the F1 journalism in the winter off season goes from "poor" to "not fit for bogroll".

Quite depressing really. At least the six nations starts this weekend.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-01-2020, 11:56 AM)morini Wrote:  
(29-01-2020, 11:51 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Fernando Alonso feels Lewis Hamilton has "weak points" in Formula 1 "that have not been stressed yet"

Clickbait.

At least the six nations starts this weekend.

I would *love* to see Fernando v Lewis 2, wont happen though, as good as Alonso is he brings "issues" to every team he's been in, talented, but flawed like us all.

The *only* way I can see Alonso at Mercedes is "If" Lewis signs for Ferrari, (with Max tied up) for me sadly I think this is now unlikely.

Penske is also throwing a lot of money at Alonso.

Time will tell, BUT I think Fernando "stressed" when he came up against a young rookie when he was in his prime, I know there is a lot behind the scenes that we don't know yet, though I'm sure a two time WDC didn't expect a young kid to "stress" him so much....    Wink

COME ON WALES!   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

OK just had time to read what Fernando said, its actually a little more complimentary than I first imagined.

Hamilton has won six championships in that time – including five in the last six years – which Alonso says shows the Mercedes driver has "raised [his] level in the last couple of years".

"Especially in 2019 when the car has not been as dominant as other seasons," added Alonso, who has expressed interest in returning to F1 in '21 if the new rules intended to improve the racing and spread out success across the grid succeed.

"If he cannot win, he's a very close second - not 20 seconds further back, which is what happens a little bit with Valtteri [Bottas, Hamilton's current teammate].

"A weekend when the car is not as competitive, Bottas is fifth or sixth or a minute behind - but Lewis is not. He's made a step forward, he is more competitive, more prepared.

"He still has some weak points that have not been stressed yet - no one is pressing that button, that weakness."

When asked to elaborate on Hamilton's suspected weakness, Alonso said: "If you study Lewis's season there is always a common trend.

"He starts the year slowly and no one takes the benefit of that. We all get excited that it will be the year of Bottas, but it's not.

"It would be nice to compete against him [Lewis] in a proper fight. Maybe his weak points are not real and everything is calculated but it would be nice to discover."

"The mistakes are different and your radio communications are different. We need to see [Hamilton] when the pressure is on."

Like I said I would really like Fernando v Lewis 2, not holding my breath though.

We all have weaknesses; Papa has his flapjacks, Forza has this irrational desire to see Lewis in a Ferrari and I live in the USA. Fernando's biggest weakness is his mouth he forgets to engage the right gear before putting it into action.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(29-01-2020, 05:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  We all have weaknesses Fernando's biggest weakness is his mouth he forgets to engage the right gear before putting it into action.

Nicely summed up buddy.   Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(29-01-2020, 01:25 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  COME ON WALES!   Big Grin

Not holding my breath, sorry Paps. Rugby is cyclical and we've had an awesome decade (+) under Gatland so I fully expect a period of sharp decline.

Yes, yes, I know that is very pessimistic outlook, but I don't see Wales sustaining a top quality side now Gatland and Edwards have moved on. Especially with the state of our regional game.

Watch out for France in the ascendancy next couple of years.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(29-01-2020, 08:05 PM)morini Wrote:  Not holding my breath, sorry Paps.

Rugby is cyclical and we've had an awesome decade (+) under Gatland so I fully expect a period of sharp decline.

Yes, yes, I know that is very pessimistic outlook, but I don't see Wales sustaining a top quality side now Gatland and Edwards have moved on. Especially with the state of our regional game.

Watch out for France in the ascendancy next couple of years.

Full of hope I see Wink

You have a point, this has been best era since the 70's, we have some good players picking a 9 or the best back row is almost impossible, I'm hoping your wrong, though I do see what your getting at, Its just I'm looking on the bright side.  Big Grin

"Especially with the state of our regional game." Yes this is embarrassing , so few clubs............... *in wales!*  Cry 

Yes, completely agree, though being on the wrong end/dubious tactics of some French colt games (club rugby) many years ago I'm no fan of the French side, have to admit as a kid it was hard not to admire Serge Blanco, sure he was Welsh. Shutup

Thread Closed