Thread Closed

Slow news month

Agree with both you guys, there`s something very magical happens (in our heads/heart) when guys of our age get the slightest whiff of Castrol R in the air and the unmistakable scream of a 2 stroker....we automatically become our younger/hooligan selves. About 15(ish) years back I went to the bike show in Birmingham, had a mooch round then went and got completely smashed in the bar......fast-forward a week and a van pulls up at my house and the driver asks me to sign for my delivery.....in my very inebriated wisdom I had purchased a full race 125 Aprilia....rolling chassis with 2 engines, 2 gearboxes and a box full of plastics etc......I would tell you what I paid for it but I dont remember even buying the bloody thing, must try and find the pics one of these days.

edit: just to clarify it was a (well) used race bike

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 6 users Like forzaferrari's post

^^^  Haha Brilliant Forza!   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-01-2020, 06:58 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  ^^^  Haha Brilliant Forza!   Laughing

.....should mrs f be reading this....."I bid on it and got it for under a hundred quid, honest"  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-01-2020, 05:49 PM)NeilP Wrote:  https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...ire-relief

Yes, I was reading about that earlier. A very thoughtful gesture, though no doubt it will still attract criticism from the internet's idiot contingent.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-01-2020, 06:00 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  About 15(ish) years back I went to the bike show in Birmingham, had a mooch round then went and got completely smashed in the bar......fast-forward a week and a van pulls up at my house and the driver asks me to sign for my delivery.....

Still chuckling  Hehe  Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-01-2020, 01:30 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(12-01-2020, 06:00 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  About 15(ish) years back I went to the bike show in Birmingham, had a mooch round then went and got completely smashed in the bar......fast-forward a week and a van pulls up at my house and the driver asks me to sign for my delivery.....

Still chuckling  Hehe  Big Grin

I want to know how the hell he got away with it!

If I had tried that one Mrs would be wearing my balls as earrings (and I'd be living in the shed). Luck of the Irish! ;0)

[edit]
And before the post police moan about off topic in the F1 section - we are entitled to ramble as there is bog all going on F1 news wise  Tongueout
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

(13-01-2020, 10:45 AM)morini Wrote:  I want to know how the hell he got away with it!

The fine art of distraction (iirc we were in the midst of selling our house).....and copious amounts of bullshit naturally   Tongue

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Blackmail is such a dirty word Forza but cross my palm with some silver I will make sure she never hears about it!

On the other hand...
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Laureus Sportsman of the year noms

Mercedes also up for Team of the year

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, "Lewis is set to extend his stay with current champions Mercedes until the end of 2022, negotiations are at an advanced stage and worth in the region of 45m Euros a year with bonuses.”

Tata Communications have decided to end an eight year partnership with Formula One, leaving the sport without a communications partner on the eve of the 2020 season.
It is reported that Tata Communications paid a figure in the region of $4million (£3.05m) annually after entering a partnership with the championship in 2012. In total, the Indian based company have splashed out $26m (£19.8) across the eight years.

The company are continuing their relationship with MotoGP but also have several sponsorship ties with individual F1 teams such as Mercedes. No announcement has been made as to the future of these deals but, with the season only several weeks away, deals for 2020 should be locked into place by this point.

Thread Closed