Poll: Does Bottas deserve his Mercedes seat? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
16.67%
16.67%
No
83.33%
83.33%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Bottas, does he deserve his Mercedes seat?

(06-09-2020, 09:17 PM)morini Wrote:  
(06-09-2020, 09:02 PM)Beano Wrote:  I feel robbed tbh as it’s clearly a one horse race.

Well, you can't blame the team for that this year. They give both the drivers equal opportunities as they did in 2016 and they do every year.

The wingman comments were "fair enough" when Mercedes were fighting Ferrari and Vettel for the WDC, they will always back the driver with most chance of winning if fighting it out with another team. Not really a fair comment in the seasons where there is only an inter team battle happening. Both drivers are given the same equipment and opportunity. I struggle to see why people can't accept that? Do you think Bottas has been handicapped by his team this year?
As I said earlier “Mercedes have a winning formula in a No.1 and No.2 it’s kept them winning” if it’s not broken don’t fix it.

Now I ask you why do you think they chose Valtteri over Ricciardo? Do you think they thought he was a better driver all round? 

as for the last comment of yours, I’d say they’ve made some interesting strategy calls that leaned towards Lewis rather than Valterri, that said Lewis is by far a more superior driver.
I was thinking why does Bottas do this to himself as he will have a horrible legacy when he looks back? But it’s true where he said “currently what other team could he go to that would win him a title”? Answer “None” he just doesn’t have what’s required to be a
champion.

should of been DRicc imo he deserved the seat far more than VB ever did.

(06-09-2020, 09:31 PM)Beano Wrote:  Now I ask you why do you think they chose Valtteri over Ricciardo? Do you think they thought he was a better driver all round? 

Better one lap pace? I rate Dan, great racer but I can't say for sure he's an ace qualifier, he's not really shown himself to be stellar in that department. You are right, I'd choose him every time on a Sunday but I'm not sure on his quali credentials.

(06-09-2020, 09:31 PM)Beano Wrote:  as for the last comment of yours, I’d say they’ve made some interesting strategy calls that leaned towards Lewis rather than Valterri, that said Lewis is by far a more superior driver.

Which calls exactly? I'm guessing you are talking about the 70th anniversary race? Drivers were free to race, Hamilton was quicker and they were told free to race but to keep it clean. If the positions were reversed do you think VB would have passed Hamilton on the track in the same circumstances? I don't.

Maybe you are right about Daniel Ricciardo being a better all round option than VB, but I just don't see him beating Hamilton in the same car.

(06-09-2020, 10:01 PM)morini Wrote:  
(06-09-2020, 09:31 PM)Beano Wrote:  Now I ask you why do you think they chose Valtteri over Ricciardo? Do you think they thought he was a better driver all round? 

Better one lap pace? I rate Dan, great racer but I can't say for sure he's an ace qualifier, he's not really shown himself to be stellar in that department. You are right, I'd choose him every time on a Sunday but I'm not sure on his quali credentials.

(06-09-2020, 09:31 PM)Beano Wrote:  as for the last comment of yours, I’d say they’ve made some interesting strategy calls that leaned towards Lewis rather than Valterri, that said Lewis is by far a more superior driver.

Which calls exactly? I'm guessing you are talking about the 70th anniversary race? Drivers were free to race, Hamilton was quicker and they were told free to race but to keep it clean. If the positions were reversed do you think VB would have passed Hamilton on the track in the same circumstances? I don't.

Maybe you are right about Daniel Ricciardo being a better all round option than VB, but I just don't see him beating Hamilton in the same car.

all is said and done now, I’m all F1’d out for a day. It’s been an interesting weekend on that front with very unexpected results That’s me until next week where I imagine normal service will resume.