Dan Ticktum given role at Williams

I'd heard a week ago that Williams had got Ticktum a drive in F2 and has a role of some kind lined up for him with the team. Turns out he's their new development driver. Perhaps he's learned his lesson and has wound his chin in a bit. I hope so because he's a damn good driver.

Here's the link if anyone actually gives a toss:

https://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/2...er-academy
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(17-12-2019, 11:08 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I'd heard a week ago that Williams had got Ticktum a drive in F2 and has a role of some kind lined up for him with the team. Turns out he's their new development driver. Perhaps he's learned his lesson and has wound his chin in a bit. I hope so because he's a damn good driver.

Here's the link if anyone actually gives a toss:

https://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/2...er-academy

I heard RBR cut him loose, but wasn't aware Williams had taken him on. Tell you one thing, if I had the skills and youth I would never want to get involved with the Marko / Horner developent programme. They treat their young talent like shit and I dislike them both for the way they behave.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(17-12-2019, 11:08 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I'd heard a week ago that Williams had got Ticktum a drive in F2 and has a role of some kind lined up for him with the team. Turns out he's their new development driver. Perhaps he's learned his lesson and has wound his chin in a bit. I hope so because he's a damn good driver.

Yeah I would agree he is a damn good driver.... on his day, he is far too erratic (mentally) imo, when the notion takes him he is right up there & as good as any if not better, those days are few and far between imo, fair play to him landing that role though.

I believe he will be driving for the Dams team next season so should have the machinery to prove his worth....here is his record to date

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Yeah, looks like he didn't exactly set the world alight in 2019.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

He's also been an absolute tut at times, don't need to go over his discipline record, because I think we know what it's like. However, at times in F3 in a less well funded team and with minimal backing he was outstanding. There were few on that grid that could match him for overtaking, I forget who the move was on, but his overtake through EAU Rouge was brilliant. Needs to give his head a wobble and grow the hell up, but he has talent.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post