2019 Abu Dhabi GP

It's a meaningless result given it's the end of the season, but it sets a dangerous precedent doesn't it? I'd be very worried going forward were I the FIA, teams could just pull the Ferrari fine card. I'll have to wait to read the full judgement of course, but it's a bit risky for the FIA going forward. I do think it'd be harsh on Leclerc if he'd lost his podium... but that's the rules.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Just watched the review. Well, that was a boring race to end the season.

Great work from team Mercedes and both drivers. Bottas and Hamilton did a great job, maybe perfect, but that Mercedes is too fast by far on this track compared to other cars. Amazing job.

Verstappen again did a good job. Would love to see Hamilton and him fight it out a whole season in a bit more equal cars (there will always be difference performance depending on track, I know).

Leclerc and Vettel, what can I say? Ferrari messed up again on saterday and sunday. I am left with a bitter taste in my mounth when it comes to Ferrari. They got a special treathment with the unsafe release in pitlane earlier (the only team ever not to be punished with points but with a fine). They cheated with the fuel flow meters (I really blame them for that, think they should loose their results from those races) and as far as I know with none consequense (look how Renault got punished for a smaller issue). And, if that was not enough, they gave a false fuel declaration, again just a fine, no points. And this is only what we know, maybe it is only the tip of the iceberg. That thought, together with the special treathment Ferrari seems to get, gives me that bitter taste when I see a red car now. A shame.

The rest of the field? Only Perez stands out for me now. Like I said, the race bored me to death...

(02-12-2019, 11:34 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  Just watched the review. Well, that was a boring race to end the season.

Yep, Abu Dhabi can always be relied upon to be very dull. No idea why it is still on the calendar.

I enjoyed watching Valtteri coming through the field though, prticularly while the DRS was not available. One of his better races, but then again (as I said in chatroom) this was a no pressure situation so he could just attack and have fun.

Good to see Max secure third place in WDC, thouroughly deserved and he's had a great season all things considered. Yes, the Mercedes was the pick of the field this weekend but Hamilton still converted it into a Grand Chelem and those are pretty hard to come by. Particularly impressive was his party trick of setting the fastest lap late in the race on well used hard tyres. LeClerc was on new softs after his second stop so securing FL on hards was particularly impressive in my view. 

Not a classic, but I was determined to enjoy it as the winter is long, dark and boring (even more boring than Abu Dhabi).
[+] 5 users Like morini's post