2019 Brazilian GP

(14-11-2019, 11:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Another day, another Technical Directive....TD 38/19, This time, "it is important that no flammable liquid from the intercooler, the air collector or the ERS system is allowed to enter the combustion chambers"......now, which team could this witch hunt Directive be aimed at me wonders?

Obviously aimed at Honda, I mean how have they caught up...… Hehe  Tongue 

More seriously, bloody clever stuff.  

So have the other teams been experimenting with these Directives to work out what's going on, or, did "someone" get a fist full of cash...

(Motorsport)

"Leclerc is set to serve a 10-place grid penalty for a new engine, although rumours that 2020 components will be in use add intrigue to the Monegasque's race."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Its a tad moist today...

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-11-2019, 11:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Another day, another Technical Directive....TD 38/19, This time, "it is important that no flammable liquid from the intercooler, the air collector or the ERS system is allowed to enter the combustion chambers"......now, which team could this witch hunt Directive be aimed at me wonders?

Much can be made of this statement. I find the use of the word 'Important' very interesting. Not illegal, not against the rules but 'Important'. If that is not a loophole I don't know what us. It is way to vague so the question is why?

I do not know the rules in enough detail but it seems to me this is what Ferrari were doing to get the performance they were getting but my question would be; is/was this illegal?  If it was not mentioned in the rules prior to the season then I think it is very harsh on Ferrari because all teams are pushing the limits and looking for incremental gains. Then equally if it was illegal then Ferrari should be punished.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

It's been clear that fuel should come from the fuel tank only, and that ways of storing fuel in reserve or reservoir of any kind after the FIA fuel flow sensors for use to in effect exceed fuel flow rates was illegal. There's really no ambiguity here. Oil burning was banned, as was the burning of other additives. Let's be brutally clear, if this is what has been going on it is absolutely illegal.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(14-11-2019, 02:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Its a tad moist today...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3448439

Yup, looks like dry for Saturday & Sunday...…. pity   Sad

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(14-11-2019, 09:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It's been clear that fuel should come from the fuel tank only, and that ways of storing fuel in reserve or reservoir of any kind after the FIA fuel flow sensors for use to in effect exceed fuel flow rates was illegal. There's really no ambiguity here. Oil burning was banned, as was the burning of other additives. Let's be brutally clear, if this is what has been going on it is absolutely illegal.
Jody, so the bit about "reserve" effectively means that once the flow rate sensor has been passed, the fuel must not be "buffered" and must be used immediately in the combustion feed to prevent what i was hinting at in another thread? Not much wriggle room there then.
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyB's post

@TobiGruner (AMUS)
Strong Ferrari power is back at Interlagos. According to their own calculations Red Bull is losing 0,7s on straights, Mercedes 0,8-0,9s. Looks like Technical directives have had no effect on engine power.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Bloody hell its quiet on here these days, not one single Lewis fanboy post either.....Im almost missing it Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Still figuring out which to Captain, Max or Charlie...

Lewis and Merc are going to annihilate qually !

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Fantastic lap from Max.    Cool

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post