2019 United States GP

Couldn't post during quali as I was watching on laptop. Out voted from both TV's! Aparently Strictly is mor important. WTF!!

Enjoyable qualy and well done Valterri, that took some nerve and nailed the first lap. Like you say an interesting grid and should be a good race as I think Max and Lewis will be the strongest over the race distance. This race is normally a good watch so I am looking forward to it.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

0.06 splitting top 3, 0.5 for the top 5. Awesome finish, but boy, does it raise questions. Looking at speedtraps Ferrari were not top of the main speed trap, and only topped one of the sector speedtraps. has the new TD really affected them , or have they just pilled the downforce on, as its needed at this track. Which might indicate why it was so close between the top 3 teams. Still a complete break of for Ferrari this year. Very interesting.

Finally, hell yes McLaren, for the first time in a long while another team is within 1s of pole position at a dry significant track. Team has constantly improved this year. Here's hoping for a better race pace than Mexico, where it seemed to be none existent.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Don't think this will come as a surprise. (Motorsport)

COTA to close in winter for "extensive" repairs.

The Circuit of the Americas is to close this winter for major work to address the bumps that Formula 1 drivers have complained about over the US Grand Prix weekend.

The undulations also caused problems for MotoGP riders when they visited the Texan venue in April.

“We’re actually closing the track for most of December and half of January to fix the problems. We did some of the repairs last year before MotoGP, so I wouldn’t say we’d have to do the whole thing.

“Certainly it will involve the entire back straight, the pit out and part of Turn One, there’s a part of a hump before Turn Nine, Turns 18-19. So it’s pretty extensive. I know what the bill is!”

Epstein explained that the problems can be traced to heavy rain, and specifically to damage around pipes caused four years ago, and which has caused the ground to settle in places.

“We excavated nine feet deep to put the track here, and brought in special soils. However clearly the flood of 2015 caused some very serious heaving, and we haven’t fixed those areas since then, and it’s just gotten worse.

“There’s been some washout around pipes. There are pipes under the track, and in 2015 the water followed those pipes, not just inside but around them. It caused erosion that left this void, and then you get some heaving and shrinking.

“We know it’s a problem and it’s scheduled for a big repair. Those pipes are coming out. But we didn’t think it was going to affect the F1 cars like this.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

New sausage kerb on inside of T8
https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status/...5974936576

I think on the apex of T6 should have been added too, considering how many drivers completely cut the track at that point last year in the race.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

DR just got past Lando. Noooo...., I like Dan Ric, but I'd prefer the McLaren boys to stay ahead.

Some good wheel to wheel in the mid field, to be fair.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Nobody on tonight then? Good race, interesting strategies. LH still in it at this point.

Ferrari very, very dissapointing. They may be able to grab one lap headline times, but they are nowhere in the race. Again! Rethink needed for next year my friends. Pole positions are great, but only if you can convert them to wins.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

6x WDC - some achievement! Would have been nice to have done it on a win, but impossible to make those tyres last. Good times!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Clucking Bell...………. 6   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Couldn't be on last night as I was watching it at a bar with some Brits over here, what a phenomenal achievement. 6 WDCs is an amazing accomplishment for anyone, and even more so given where Lewis is from. I hope he continues for many years yet, and I'd like him to, at the very least, match Schumacher's 7 titles. Given the youngsters coming through, and the inevitable tightening up of the grid we can all agree it's only going to get harder here on out to maintain this level of performance, but if anyone can do it, it's Lewis.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(04-11-2019, 03:47 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Couldn't be on last night as I was watching it at a bar with some Brits over here, what a phenomenal achievement. 6 WDCs is an amazing accomplishment for anyone, and even more so given where Lewis is from. I hope he continues for many years yet, and I'd like him to, at the very least, match Schumacher's 7 titles. Given the youngsters coming through, and the inevitable tightening up of the grid we can all agree it's only going to get harder here on out to maintain this level of performance, but if anyone can do it, it's Lewis.

Well, for at least three years he will be capable I think. As long as he is in the best car and team combo (wich is Mercedes) and a teammate like Bottas, I don't think any of the young drivers can beat him. Or Ferrari and/or Red Bull should get on par with Mercedes, then we might see a lovely fight between Hamilton fighting off youngsters Verstappen and Leclerc. Well, let's trow in McLaren as well and let Saintz and Norris join that fight.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post