2019 United States GP

A nice close up on dire the surface is
https://twitter.com/movistar_F1/status/1...9952414720

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(02-11-2019, 03:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  A nice close up on dire the surface is
https://twitter.com/movistar_F1/status/1...9952414720

That is absolutely horrendous. Love the circuit but its built on a very poor substrate.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Lando on Llewis...

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos...815053698/
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

And what a blistering lap form Lando in FP3... How much of that was with the engine turned up for a glory run for the sponsors I don't know. One thing is for certain though, the Mercedes looked bloody awful today. Seriously horrible across the bumps and way down on where Ferrari and RBR seem to be on ultimate pace. Leclerc's engine went pop though so will he take one from the pool, or a new one? Tough call as that was supposedly PU3 according to the Autosport chaps.

(02-11-2019, 08:07 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  And what a blistering lap form Lando in FP3... How much of that was with the engine turned up for a glory run for the sponsors I don't know. One thing is for certain though, the Mercedes looked bloody awful today. Seriously horrible across the bumps and way down on where Ferrari and RBR seem to be on ultimate pace. Leclerc's engine went pop though so will he take one from the pool, or a new one? Tough call as that was supposedly PU3 according to the Autosport chaps.

And I personally reckon Lewis was hiding all his cards. Looking forward to quali and I think it'll be tight between Verstappen and Hamilton for pole.

Maybe Morini, he didn't seem to get a good lap in, but the rear end of that Merc just did not seem stable out on track. They'll need to do something between now and then. My suspicion is that the McLaren laps were done on quali set up as the Coca Cola big wigs were at the track today and are rumoured to be considering becoming lead sponsors for the team.

We will see in a hour or so. Merc haven't had a pole since Budapest and Lewis will be itching for one I reckon. Regradless of that, I think Hamilton will win the race even if he doesn't get pole today. Mercedes have clearly focussed on Sundays for most of this season and, aside from the odd blip, they have been showing the rest of the field the way race mangement wise.

I think your commment about this circuit not having much longer to run (because of the environment) is spot on. So much so we are thinking of going again next year while we can. It'll be a damn shame if this circuit disappears from the calendar. Get out there while you can folks.

The Mercs were 0.5 seconds off the pace in FP3, so to me they better have been hiding a lot of pace, because we know the Ferrari's can really turn it up when they want to. Plus the RBR looked nice out there on track today, I think the Mercs will have their work cut out for them in qualifying, but it should be fun.

Weird, none of the drivers could improve their time in the second part of Q3.
Interesting line up for the start tomorrow.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Lewis will still be champion, but by his standards that was a really scruffy qualifying session. Kudos to Bottas though, he's out to do what he needs to do.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post