2019 Brazilian GP

Anyone else have a tear in the corner of their eye when Martin did his MP4/4 tribute to Ayrton & McLaren.

Enjoy Brazil lads.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Any one in chat?

And yeah I got a bit emotional seeing the MP4.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

What a race! This is bloody entertaining to watch!!
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Interlagos always delivers, well 80% of the time anyway.

I'm bricking it about the DT league xD. Captained Max, but Its TR and McLaren who are the big pointers, and I don't have any of them : O

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Remind we why we all love F1...…      EPIC  Cool 

All hail Max, you bossed it Sir!

The Max & Lewis show, hoping for a lot more next year.

How close to a Honda 123?     

McLaren on the podium!  Congrats Carlos  Big Grin

Got to be happy for Gasly 

Alfa 5th & 6th 

Ferrari, in my view Sebastian steered left on the straight, cant be much fun being a Ferrari fan on days like this.

Impressed with Lewis straight out of the car "it was my fault sorry to him"

Only one race left I'm gonna miss Sundays for a few months, I have very high hopes for next years racing as the top three have closed up.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Lewis demoted, now I'm really twitchy....

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

The SC for Valterri Bottas engine failure completely spoiled the race for me. Up to then it was gripping and at that point we had Max leading Lewis, both on similar age mediums with 1.5 second gap. I really think it could have been ding dong all the way to the flag and we were robbed of a good, fair fight. Where VB parked it did not warrant a SC either, it was done for the artificial drama.

As it was, when the iniitial SC came out Merc had little choice but do the contra strategy to RBR. It was never going to be do-able on this track, RBR made the right choice and I know Merc were wishing Max stayed out.

The second SC was down to two Ferrari drivers who really need to be in differnet teams to each other next year. Completely Vettel's fault IMO, but it will be glossed over.

Felt really sorry for Albon, I've only seen the incident twice but he wasn't troubling the apex on that corner and Lewis was duty bound to have a go. In fairness Lewis held his hands up and admitted it was his fault, so desrves some kudos for that.

Regarding the race as a whole, it was ony Lewis and Max worth watching during this one, they were both a class above the rest of the field. Thouroughly deserved win for Max, he didn't put a foot wrong in that race. Had the maturity to suck it up when Lewis passed him on track (in years gone by that would have been contact) and just repayed it the next lap. From where I was watching Max looked a lot less happy on the medium tyre and it would have been great to see if he could have held on without the SC's.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Lovely race again in Brazil. That track delivers.

Like I already said, this track suits Verstappen. That guy was on fire whole weekend and today he was unstoppable. Loved it how Hamilton beat him with the first stop and how he attacked straight away. In a league of his own this weekend.
Great work from Red Bull and Honda.

Hamilton was driving great, but in the end he became to desperate. A shame he did that to Albon, who deserved a podium today. Hamilton seemed desperate for some reason the whole second part of the race (even his last pitstop was nonsense). Why? He won the championship already.

Ferrari, they seem to be back where they were. Vettel already gave away his place to Hamilton at the start. But, he was driving pretty good after that. Until his teammate showed up. In my books it is a classic race incident. Thought it should not happened between teammates. I can't blame any of them, but if I should than Vettel passed Leclerc so he had to move when Vettel was starting to close that door (like Vettel did last race with Hamilton at start).

Some good driving in the midfield as well. Lovely battles there. Just look how Saintz, started last, ended third.

Crazy race. Morini, to me the race just broke open when Bottas stranded.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(17-11-2019, 09:11 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Ferrari, in my view Sebastian steered left on the straight, cant be much fun being a Ferrari fan on days like this.

Its not too bad Paps....we`ve had years of experience when it comes to days like this  Tongue

Awesome weekend for Max topped off with an outstanding drive yesterday showing a lot of maturity. Nice to see Lewis hold his hands up & take the rap for the incident.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

Mercedes Brazilian gp debrief

https://twitter.com/i/status/1197150828454404096

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post