2019 Mexico GP

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Max speciality track and lots of soft tyres. Wonder what the odds are for a hat-trick? I think the Ferraris might spoil his party as they are too quick on the straights, Fully expecting Merc to be fighting fo r4th / 5th at this circuit.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Anyone know why Mexico is before the USA GP this year. From a travel perspective it makes no sense with Brazil to follow.

You know it only seems a matter of a few weeks ago we were all excited for the Australian GP , well as excited as you can be for what is a damn boring race to open the season.

I guess Ferrari are favourites but after the opening straight its a pretty twist and turn track so I would not rule Mercedes or Red Bull out.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(20-10-2019, 04:32 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Anyone know why Mexico is before the USA GP this year. From a travel perspective it makes no sense with Brazil to follow.

You know it only seems a matter of a few weeks ago we were all excited for the Australian GP , well as excited as you can be for what is a damn boring race to open the season.

I guess Ferrari are favourites but after the opening straight its a pretty twist and turn track so I would not rule Mercedes or Red Bull out.

No idea who sorts out the calendar schedule but they must have bumped their head, every year it seems arse about face as far as traveling is concerned.

Completely agree mate been stressing about the winter break & we still have 4 races left! didn't (I hope) I read some where they are going to try & make an overtaking opportunity at Melbourne? fingers crossed.

Max & Red Bull nailed on for the win, better be or my DT will suffer lol.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(20-10-2019, 04:32 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Anyone know why Mexico is before the USA GP this year. From a travel perspective it makes no sense with Brazil to follow.

Yeah, it has always been CoTA then Mexico in years gone by, no idea why they have switched them around this year. I'm not convinced Max will get a hat-trick of wins though, Ferrari will surely be favourites this year, unless they implode as usual.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Friday, October 25
3.45pm: Mexican GP Practice One Build-up
4pm: Mexican GP Practice One
7.45pm: Mexican GP Practice Two Build-up
8pm: Mexican GP Practice Two
10.30pm: The Story So Far

Saturday, October 26
3.45pm: Mexican GP Practice Three Build-up
4pm: Mexican GP Practice Three
6pm: Mexican GP Qualifying Build-up
7pm: Mexican GP Qualifying
8.30pm: The F1 Show

Sunday, October 27
5.30pm: Mexican GP Pit Lane Live
6.30pm: Mexican GP On The Grid
7.10pm: THE MEXICAN GRAND PRIX
9pm: Mexican GP Paddock Live
10pm: The Notebook
10.30pm: Mexican GP Highlights

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I expect a Ferrari 1-2. That car is that much faster than the Red Bull, I just don't see Verstappen making that much up with his driving skills.
I'm curious about Mercedes. Normally not their track, but this year they seem a bit different. I expect them to be competitive and surely fighting the Red Bulls, maybe even Ferrari (on strategy).
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

For Hamilton to be champion at the Mexican GP, the following permutations apply:

If Hamilton takes victory (25pts) and fastest lap (1pt), he will be champion if Bottas finishes fourth (12pts) or lower
If Hamilton takes victory without the fastest lap, he will be champion if Bottas finishes fifth (10pts) or lower
If Hamilton finishes second (18pts) with the fastest lap (1pt), he will be champion if Bottas finishes eighth (4pts) or lower
If Hamilton finishes second without the fastest lap, he will be champion if Bottas finishes eighth, without the fastest lap, or lower.
If Hamilton finishes third (15pts) with the fastest lap (1pt), he will be champion if Bottas finishes ninth (2pts) or lower
If Hamilton finishes third without the fastest lap, he will be champion if Bottas finishes 10th or lower without the fastest lap
But...

If Hamilton finishes fourth or lower, the title race definitely goes on to the United States GP next week.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

After two years of Capt. America winning Mexico, Liberty want to extravagantly crown the WDC on home soil, hence the switch : P

McLaren victory anyone? : P
They got the Renault this year.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(21-10-2019, 06:03 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  After two years of Capt. America winning Mexico, Liberty want to extravagantly crown the WDC on home soil, hence the switch : P

Hamilton has secured a WDC in CoTA already (in 2015) and I don't reckon he'll tie it up WDC 6 until Brazil myself.