2019 Mexico GP

Lewis Hamilton will be without his regular Mercedes Formula 1 race engineer Peter Bonnington for the Mexican and United States Grands Prix.
Bonnington is not present in Mexico City as he has stayed at home in the United Kingdom to undergo a personal medical procedure.

He will miss next weekend’s United States GP as well, but Mercedes hopes can return for the Brazilian Grand Prix in mid-November.

In Bonnington’s absence, his role will be taken over by Hamilton’s regular performance engineer Marcus Dudley.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

That's the sort of thing that can unsettle a driver and their prep for the weekend. Let's see how it affects him.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

If Merc are to struggle as much as they are touting this weekend. If Lewis is affected it wont be reflected in the results. Unless McLaren are at the front also : p

Just seen FP1 results. No effect, no Merc struggles, and no McLaren xD

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(25-10-2019, 05:11 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  That's the sort of thing that can unsettle a driver and their prep for the weekend. Let's see how it affects him.

My view? It won't much matter in the grand scheme of things. Merc are expecting damage limitation this weekend anyway. I've not watched P1, will try to catch P2 later.

Interesting piece on racism here https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/o...cist-abuse

Not particularly relevant to the thread, but makes me sad that any youngster of any creed can experience this sort of abuse doing what they were born to do. What I do think is the racist idiots have fueled a talented young lad to much greater things. I hope Hamiltons amazing success makes them feel as bad as I want them to feel.

Great way to stick two fingers up to the biggots.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

FP1 was a weird session. Rain affected at the start, excessively greasy and green track. Then Strolls red flag stuffed things up further, so not really a clear picture yet. Graining was excessive too, everyone was affected to more or lesser degrees. So we'll see how it really shakes out, but we can definitely say Lewis wasn't overly affected.

(25-10-2019, 07:16 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  FP1 was a weird session. Rain affected at the start, excessively greasy and green track. Then Strolls red flag stuffed things up further, so not really a clear picture yet. Graining was excessive too, everyone was affected to more or lesser degrees. So we'll see how it really shakes out, but we can definitely say Lewis wasn't overly affected.

Yeah, I have a recording but I'm not going to watch it. Meaningless session, if I can claim rights on a telly I will give P2 a go.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

People should try the F1 Twitch stream... footage, sound... no commentary and the stream quality is far higher than the F1 App.

Well so far the gap at the top between RBR and Ferrari is as close as we thought it would be, and Mercedes do seem a little off the pace.
Photo 

(25-10-2019, 09:11 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well so far the gap at the top between RBR and Ferrari is as close as we thought it would be, and Mercedes do seem a little off the pace.

Not been able to watch until the last 10 minutes, but Bottas has a decent time on hard tyres if I am not misreading (if the on screen graphics are correct)? Beat Ham time on softs by 3 tenths.

Not sure if that is right as the end of session times had them all on softs. Ah well, Merc were always on the back foot here.

Bottas set his time on the Softs. Lewis had traffic and aborted first lap then hit traffic again on his second. However, Mercedes don't look to have any answers to either Ferrari's or RBR's pace. Race stints everyone looked pants. Could be two or even 3 stop here.