Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barcelona 2020
Mrs B and I have chosen Barcelona for the 2020 F1 trip. We try to do a different one each year.

I'm just looking for any hints and tips on location, what to do / not to do in terms of getting to and from the track and any recommendations for hotels etc. We would normally try to arrive on the Wednesday and do a full week. We will also do the tourist thing post the race.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PaddyB's post:
  • NeilP
(28-09-2019, 08:10 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Mrs B and I have chosen Barcelona for the 2020 F1 trip. We try to do a different one each year.

I'm just looking for any hints and tips on location, what to do / not to do in terms of getting to and from the track and any recommendations for hotels etc. We would normally try to arrive on the Wednesday and do a full week. We will also do the tourist thing post the race.

Nobody got any experiences to share with Paddy? I've not done Barcelona so not much help from me. Forza, you've been haven't you? Or was that the European GP when it was running at Valencia?
Yeah ive been to Barcelona a couple of times for both bikes & f1, but unfortunately I cant be of much help Paddy as I was "working" (term used very loosely) & always drove to the circuit and had parking passes, only advice I can give is to be very security conscious (at any of the Spanish tracks) there are teams of the scumbags targeting these events with many thefts of backpacks, cameras, phones etc and break-ins to vehicles every year.
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[-] The following 2 users Like forzaferrari's post:
  • PaddyB, NeilP
If youre thinking of Spain, they open the gates for pre-season testing, might be a way to get a taster, find the best location etc.
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[-] The following 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post:
  • forzaferrari, PapaofGags, NeilP
(30-09-2019, 06:39 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: If youre thinking of Spain, they open the gates for pre-season testing, might be a way to get a taster, find the best location etc.

Good shout Hesh, and cheap as chips....around the 20euro mark payable at the gate.....and for just a few quid more get a box above the pits & a tour around.
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[-] The following 3 users Like forzaferrari's post:
  • PapaofGags, Monster Hesh, NeilP
(30-09-2019, 06:39 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: If youre thinking of Spain, they open the gates for pre-season testing, might be a way to get a taster, find the best location etc.
(30-09-2019, 08:55 PM)forzaferrari Wrote: Good shout Hesh, and cheap as chips....around the 20euro mark payable at the gate.....and for just a few quid more get a box above the pits & a tour around.

Hmmm, good points, well presented lads.    Big Grin
"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel  
[-] The following 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post:
  • NeilP
OK thanks guys, i might have to look into that properly. I seem to remember that testing is during the week rather than weekend so will mean some more days off work could be the only "downside".
[-] The following 3 users Like PaddyB's post:
  • forzaferrari, Monster Hesh, NeilP
Paddy the dates have now been confirmed officially by the fia & the circuit themselves.....19-21 February and the second running 26-28 February, with a four-day gap in between for sightseeing (or as its better known....keeping the mrs happy)
[-] The following 3 users Like forzaferrari's post:
  • PapaofGags, PaddyB, Monster Hesh
(04-10-2019, 06:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote: Paddy the dates have now been confirmed officially by the fia & the circuit themselves.....19-21 February and the second running 26-28 February, with a four-day gap in between for sightseeing (or as its better known....keeping the mrs happy)

Thanks Forza, lets see how much the tickets are but the rest of the trip can be had for a bit over £500 for a week for the two of us so not bad. I'm quite lucky in that MrsB is more of an F1 fanatic than me, but she is a big Renault fan and therefore not often happy with the results......
[-] The following 3 users Like PaddyB's post:
  • Monster Hesh, forzaferrari, PapaofGags