2019 Russian GP

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I am thinking this could easily be another Ferrari one two. Even if Mercedes are faster through the slower parts of the circuit without any increase on their top end speed they will not be able to hold the Ferraris on that huge run to the first true corner.

I am both pleased and baffled how Ferrari have made such a drastic improvement in such a short time. Major kudos to the team for turning around what had been an abysmal season to date.

I believe Suzuka will be Mercedes next realistic opportunity to get a win and I think I would make them slight favourites to win in Brazil but all the others unless Mercedes come up with something I make Ferrari the favourites.

Despite all the bitching and moaning for all and sundry I have enjoyed the season so far. I dread what those idiots at Liberty have in mind for the future. Talk of reverse grids is pathetic and maybe to be trialed next year... great so someone may win or lose a WDC on a gimmick!

Wake me up when this clown show is over!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I think it was you and I posted that we had written the rest of the season off, after Monza, and it was back to Merc dominance. As I said unpredictability is back. I can't call Sochi.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(25-09-2019, 06:11 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I think it was you and I posted that we had written the rest of the season off, after Monza, and it was back to Merc dominance. As I said unpredictability is back. I can't call Sochi.

I think the vast majority of people are in shock at the sudden rise of Ferrari. Yes we expected Monza and Spa to be favouring them but this win at Singapore was a surprise.

The title races are still as good as over but it will be great for the sport to have very competitive races to finish off the season. I am especially happy for Forza he has endured a most traumatic season and I was really worried about sending him the new kitchen knives I brought for him and his lovely wife. Now I have no fear I can ahead and send them!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

@thomasmaheronf1:
Grid penalties for the Red Bull & Toro Rosso boys this weekend. Kvyat is changing all elements except the battery, resulting in him starting from the back of the grid.

Verstappen, Gasly & Albon will get 5 place grid penalties.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-09-2019, 10:16 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Verstappen, Gasly & Albon will get 5 place grid penalties.

Lol this just compounds my DT **** up  Confused  Cry

Don't care Wales v Australia Sunday  Big Grin

Russian Grand Prix Weather Forecast: Sun, rain, storms... everything! (GP Fans)

Stormy conditions are set to bring light rain to Sochi on every day of the grand prix weekend, which would be a first for the event. sian G

According to BBC Weather the highest chances of rain come on Saturday morning, which could put F1 teams on the back foot ahead of qualifying, as well as play a role in the first race of the F3 season-finale.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Is pole position the best place to be here, I think not.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Pole position sure has its risks, coupled with the powerfulish slipstream we've seen this year. We have seen defence capable due to the initial kink in the straight. First corner lock up is the greatest danger, al'a Rosberg in 2014 or 15 when he annihilated this front tyres, and had to pit straight away, and finish the race on a sinple set of tyres.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(26-09-2019, 03:47 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Is pole position the best place to be here, I think not.

My my, yet another completely shit track! If you're in a Ferrari it'll probably be fine being on pole. They have enough grunt to defend it. Anyone else, then no, pole certainly doesn't mean keeping the lead at the start.

Perfect strategy and / or mistakes is the only way a non Ferrari will win this one. I'll call a Bottas win as he has a beef about the wingman role last year. Won't be able to watch Sochi race this year, but I will fondly remember watching last years race live in a Tokyo hotel  Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Hoping for a "anyone other than a silver car" win.....they've won every time racing at this circuit
#prayingitsaredwin

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post