2019 Russian GP

@albertfabrega: Strategies for tomorrow. Starting on soft (Ferrari) and changing to hard is the quickest, but Mercedes is more flexible starting on medium

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I don't see medium -> soft listed there. That's got to be an option as the track will be rubbering in?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Saw some of the Quali highlights, firstly that Ferrari is rapid, and Ferrari have sorted out whatever problems they had and they've clearly out developed Mercedes for a change. I also think Lewis slammed in another amazing lap, 6 tenths clear of Bottas at a Bottas track. He's managed yet again got his Merc in front of a blisteringly quick Ferrari. He's good. Leclerc is becoming a great driver in front of our eyes, and Vettel is done... plus roofing sheds is harder than I thought, luckily the bloke I'm working with is an engineer.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(28-09-2019, 09:40 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  plus roofing sheds is harder than I thought, luckily the bloke I'm working with is an engineer.

I love your input Jody, no offence meant in my reply, its very late on a Saturday night.   Big Grin 

*plus roofing sheds is harder than I thought*

Hmm..... removing felt nails with a hammer, then after removing felt & dumping, sweep roof, over lap new felt, then re-nail with felt nails at 100mm.

*luckily the bloke I'm working with is an engineer.*

Well that was fortunate....    Wink

Good job you had an engineer on hand buddy.    Shutup   Laughing  

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

No offence taken Papa, I'm normally very handy, I've been told by professional plasterers I'm up to professional standards, I've actually helped build entire extensions onto houses, fitted wooden sash windows, replaced all the joists in my old house in the UK and laid hardwood flooring down. However, the felt we were working with was a bitch, and his "shed" is actually a summer home (it's a Scandinavian thing). Long story short... it's a lot of hard bloody work and there is only two of us doing it, and it has to be finished by today. I have no idea why I agreed to help, all his other friends were smart enough to say no, you live and you learn I guess... except I never bloody do!!!

As to the race... After the drag down to turn 1, sorry, I mean turn 2, the race will be over. Think Mercedes have made a mistake going for the mediums. The degredation is too high to get them to last long enough to do a Medium / Soft race, so they're giving up using the clearly quickest tyre for an extra 5 to 6 laps at a marginally quicker average rate than the hards, but those on new hards will be able to lean on them more than the Merc boys will be able to lean on by then their well used Mediums. So honestly? Not fussed I'll be missing this shit show. Also props to Leclerc again, five poles in a row like he has done is never an easy feat, even if the car do have "rocket" mode.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Sound like hard work, I know what you mean about getting dragged into building projects by family & friends, I also find it hard to say no, I was a plumber for many years before becoming a carer.

Another nasty crash in F2, Nobuharu Matsushita and Nikita Mazepin taken to hospital, hoping they are going to be ok.

Agree Jody another fantastic Saturday from Charles, I heard Ferrari saying they are surprised how fast he learns, special driver & seems a very likeable lad.

Enjoy the race people (I know Sochi isn't usually great). I won't get to see this one live, but I'll be checking the result later on. That's assuming we survive the sleasyjet flight.

El cheapo break in (hopefully) warmer / drier weather than we just drove through.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Have a good time Morini

An exciting race with a lot of talking points. I cannot help but wonder if Ferrari made the right decision. Much talk about Vettel not giving Charles back the lead but it was easier said than done.  The indecision and back and forth on the radio was terrible to listen to. You could say Vettels retirement saved them a very ugly decision.

Great result for Mercedes. Yes they got somewhat lucky but also did they really. Their engines (much written off on this forum this week) outlasted the Ferrari (ok MGU K).  We also saw after the final restart on even on fresher tyres, with slipstream and DRS Leclerc who was fastest driver all week could not pass Mercedes 2nd driver.

Great race for McLaren too.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

'Bring back the f*****g V12!' - Vettel fumes as he goes OUT of Russian Grand Prix. (GP Fans)

Unlucky for Sebastian & Ferrari, really enjoying the fight between him & Charles.

Good job from Mercedes, Lewis, Valtteri & Charles.

Next up Suzuka  Cool

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post