2019 Italian GP

What was that all about...I can't wait for the knee jerk reaction to what we saw today.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Q3 should follow the example of the WSB and have a superpole.....last in Q2 goes first......right down to fastest goes last......stop this bullshit happening again.

Vettel given "benefit of doubt" over track limits in Q3. (Motorsport)

Sebastian Vettel escaped sanction for an alleged breach of track limits in Q3 at the Italian Grand Prix after being given the ‘benefit of doubt’ that he had not run wide.

In the end, amid some uncertainty about the situation, it was decided that Vettel did not deserve to be punished.

A statement from the FIA said: “The Stewards reviewed multiple camera angles, some of which appeared to show that the tyres were not in contact with the white line of the track edge, however other angles appeared to show that part of the front “wheel” (when viewed from above) may have been within the bounds of the white line.

“This cast an element of doubt which is considered significant enough to give the 'benefit of doubt' to the driver in question.”

The decisions means Vettel starts fourth for the Italian Grand Prix, pending the outcome of the investigations into the slow driving during the final phase of Q3.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(07-09-2019, 07:49 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Vettel given "benefit of doubt" over track limits in Q3. (Motorsport)

Lucky boy. That was a lap deletion in my view.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Trio reprimanded for "significant role" in Q3 debacle. (Motorsport)

The Italian Grand Prix stewards have reprimanded three drivers for their role in the farcical end to Monza qualifying and urged the FIA to “expedite a solution” for such situations.

Nico Hulkenberg, Carlos Sainz and Lance Stroll have all been handed reprimands for driving unnecessarily slowly ahead of the final runs in qualifying.

A lengthy investigation was launched after the nine remaining cars in Q3 slowed right down to avoid missing out on a tow and those actions resulted in eight drivers failing to start their flying laps before the session ended.

All three countered that other drivers were driving slowly as well.

The stewards’ verdict, however, was that Hulkenberg, Sainz and Stroll “played a significant role in the banking up of cars at a critical stage” of qualifying.

As a result, the stewards handed a first reprimand of the season to all three drivers, but their reports also included a line stating that they “strongly recommend that the FIA expedite a solution to this type of situation”.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(07-09-2019, 07:29 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  What was that all about...I can't wait for the knee jerk reaction to what we saw today.

It was a farce for sure. But, at the end of the day it makes very little difference. Ferrari were expected to get pole here and they delivered it. I don't think they have the best race day car though. I think they will have tyre issues.

We will find out tomorrow!

PS I know every one loves Monza for the heritage / history but for me (in the dry at least) it isn't one of my favoutites or even a track where driver skill can make a massive difference. In the dry it's mostly about horsepower and grunt. I would never want to see it dropped from the calendar as it is a classic, but I find the current layout pretty dull if I am honest.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(07-09-2019, 07:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  As a result, the stewards handed a first reprimand of the season to all three drivers, but their reports also included a line stating that they “strongly recommend that the FIA expedite a solution to this type of situation”.

This is pretty easy to fix really. Keep the minimum out lap time and properly penalise infringements (i.e. no reprimands, give them grid drops).
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Oh HELL NO!!!

On the F1 app can you tell whose final quali lap "isn't available"? What a complete crock of crap. Sorry, I know it's Italy, but if you have a rule you apply it consistently.

Also agree with my namesake, who said at least 3 drivers deliberately obstructed the track today. Under the rules that's a disqualification from the session / race. Hulkenberg, Sainz and Stroll definitely deserved penalties today... and CLC shutting Seb off twice and almost crashing in to him was also naughty, although I guess it's team mates.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Just saw quali. What can I say? It is a bloody joke. All of those idiots that did not made it in time in Q3 deserve a penalty if you ask me. How can this happen in a sport so professional as F1, where they can count in micro seconds over laps and laps, but some how lost the ability to count in Q3!
They should be in shame. Not another word about this saterday from me. Hope the race will be a bit more serious (and to be honest I hope Vettel takes Leclerc back - after Vettel defending Leclerc last race and now Leclerc srews him over real bad).
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Not quite sure where to put this, so here'll do. How chummy have Renault and McLaren got?
I dont know if it is related but watching F2. The colours for the Renault team and the McLaren team have been spliced. Yellow & Black Renault body with blue wings, and Papaya orange with Yellow wings.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post