2019 Italian GP

PDR "send them all to the back"    Laughing

What a race that would make, bring it on!   Cool

(07-09-2019, 03:21 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
You know F1 should make an example of them all  (except maybe Sainz) and penalize ALL of them. Will not happen of course but it sure would send a message!

Yeah agree mate what a bunch of *insert words*  Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Looking back at it Hulkenberg, Stroll, Sainz, CLC and Bottas all swerved to block other cars. Only really Seb and Lewis out of that gaggle were trying to get on with it. With Albon and Ricciardo stuck at the back of it all. Sebs lap time should be deleted as well. Honestly if there aren't any penalties that's what we'll see at races going forward.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

If they cant play nicely together then perhaps the quali format should change so that in q3 each driver is given one or two clean attempts with a track of their own, with no help or multiple lap tyre warming etc, just one outlap, one quali and one in lap. Only let the inlap and outlap ever share the track. Would also stop one drivers yellow flag from ruining other drivers laps.
I am quite miffed about this as quali is often the highlight of the weekend....
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post

Well there are rumours that Seb's time might have been deleted and that there's talk of 5 place grid penalties for some... that could be interesting. However, this is rumours on another site.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Hulkenberg absolutely should take a penalty and I think Stroll too at the very least those two!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(07-09-2019, 04:18 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  If they cant play nicely together then perhaps the quali format should change so that in q3 each driver is given one or two clean attempts with a track of their own, with no help or multiple lap tyre warming etc, just one outlap, one quali and one in lap. Only let the inlap and outlap ever share the track. Would also stop one drivers yellow flag from ruining other drivers laps.
I am quite miffed about this as quali is often the highlight of the weekend....

Normally I quite like the quali format, though I can see what you mean, but I quite enjoyed watching some of the most intelligent men in sport making such a dumb mistake, large portion of humble pie dished out to those with big egos made me smile.

Looking forward to see what the Stewards make of this.

Lewis agrees with you PaddyB  Cool

Hamilton, who missed an attempt to try to knock Charles Leclerc off pole position, labelled the situation "dangerous" - just a week on from making a similar remark in Belgium when drivers also deliberately slowed down to better get a slipstream.

The world champion suggested that only an accident would prompt action for change.

Asked if there was a risk of the situation being repeated again, Hamilton said: "I am sure it is going to be continue, as positioning is key.

"If everyone is going out so late it will continue to be an issue in places where you particularly need a tow. It won't be until someone crashes that they will change."

One suggestion Hamilton did have to sort the matter would be introduce a different qualifying format for venues where the tow was so extreme.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Nico Hulkenberg, Carlos Sainz and Lance Stroll have each been called to the stewards after the ludicrous scenes at the end of Italian Grand Prix qualifying. (GP Fans)

Sainz and Stroll have been called in relation to Hulkenberg breaching regulations, so it appears the Renault driver will be the only one punished.

Sebastian Vettel will face the Italian Grand Prix stewards, with his Q3 lap at risk of being chalked off if it is deemed he left the track.

With track limits being strictly enforced at the Parabolica, Vettel appeared to put all four tyres over the line on the lap that he set his time.

If Vettel is found to have broken the regulations, it will likely leave him without a lap time in Q3 and facing a grid drop from the fourth place he secured.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Having calmed down a bit, I can see that (as i think Jody is hinting at) the reason this is becoming an issue is that the teams are now very aware and modelling reasonably accurately how powerful getting into the "tow window" is for a single lap. It seems to be a bit of a "Goldilocks" zone, like the tyres. Now they can better predict it and its effect at each track, anyone who cant get a tow will be at a disadvantage so must either get one, or even better, stop others from getting one.

Whilst i admire the science and the ability to take advantage of these things, it makes for shite watching and doesnt really show either the car's prowess or the drivers in this case. It is yet another falllout of the overworked aero in my view, roll on 2021.
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyB's post

Nico Hulkenberg said that a massive 0.5 second slipstream boost was to blame for the qualifying farce at Monza, as the FIA began summoning a number of drivers over what happened.

Regarding what happened at the first chicane, the stewards accepted his excuse that he had been so focused on what was going on behind him that he misjudged braking for the first corner and missed his braking point.

"I was watching my mirrors too much," he said, when asked by Motorsport.com about what happened.

Ok Nico.....  we believe you Hehe   Tongue

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I don't believe him one bit. Seb's lock up was genuine, Nico's was not.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post