2019 Italian GP

Yeah, the F3 accident was caused by one of those temporary rubber curbs, launched it badly, another argument in favour of the halo.

Any way, in quali it's a Ferrari front row lock out, but they are nowhere as out of sight so far as we thought they should be. Mercedes will be close but no cigar today, but Sunday it might be another issue, especially if the race starts wet.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(07-09-2019, 01:16 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Horrible crash in the F3 race this morning thank goodness the driver walked away from it seemingly okay. If you missed it here is a brief video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDhTVnqkp7g

I do not think weather is going to play a part in qualifying today and the rain looks mainly set for the morning tomorrow but who knows I am no weatherman!

Dont think Mercedes can hang with the Ferraris in the dry. I think it will be close but not close enough.

Yeah, that looked nasty. He got a lot of air and wouldn't have survived the landing if there was no halo (let alone walk away). As Jody says it negates all the arguments against the halo. I'll never like the halo from a purist / aesthetic point of view, but it does save lives.

And Merc won't care about quali. They can still win it with race pace.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Great feature on the quali pre show now with Ant in the Merc simulator. Brilliant to see the respect he has from the simulator engineers.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(07-09-2019, 01:33 PM)morini Wrote:  And Merc won't care about quali. They can still win it with race pace.

Agreed with this. On the mediums and the softs Mercedes race runs in FP3 was utterly blistering 2.5 to 3 seconds off ultimate pace with no drop off. That'll worry Ferrari no doubt, it was strong as hell. In particular Bottas' pace, really, really good. It could be a fascinating race, and quali could have a few surprises too, because both the Toro Rosso's but especially the Renault's look rapid here.

Anyone in chat today for quali?

Oooh, another Mercedes break down. But its a spec 2 engine apparently.

What a shit show at the end. Unbelievable.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

What a joke.
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post

There needs to be some penalties handed out after that surely so much blocking going on!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Congratulations to Charles & Ferrari, pole at home in Monza.   Cool

As for the rest of it, pathetic, what is it with really intelligent people & common sense?   Rolleyes

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think the Italian Ferrari fans are worse than English football fans. No sportsmanship at all.

You know F1 should make an example of them all (except maybe Sainz) and penalize ALL of them. Will not happen of course but it sure would send a message!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post